Reallusion webstore is a disaster

Posted By raxel_67 7 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Not sure where to post this but the reallusion contentstore is full of broken links and blank new tabs, this happens with both firefox and edge, and with my phone it is unbrowsable.

thanks

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
I'm not noticing these problems with the Content or Software Store and I'm using Edge most of the time. Can you please point us to the links that you feel are not working so we can check them. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Haven't checked the store lately but on the fashion clothing pack if i want to preview the meshes i get a blank tab, i don't quite remember what other packs had issues but usually when you want to view the contents of a pack i get blank tabs, i'm not at home right now but i will post screnshots if i get some free time
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, the issues I mentioned no longer occured to me today with both browsers, i'm also posting a screenshot of how the content store works on my windows phone 8.1 (yeah I know, but it has outlived 4 generations of phones and still works flawlessly, so it deserves to live Smile

On the other hand I couldn't agree more with Theiclonian, too many bells and whistles ends up ruining the experience rather than improving the browsing experience, and the pop ups are annoying and the previews don't allow for much detail.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd3c5d8a-110a-4568-831f-c889.jpg
This is every single link in the content store with my phone
rollasoc
rollasoc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I've noticed the following issues with the store.

1) Links that open to a blank window (as above)
Example
https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/iClone/pack/Terrains-of-the-World/
Terrain and decal options give a empty window.  Materials works fine.

2) Adding items to the basket, clicking checkout and it saying there is nothing in the basket.
3) use of Flash
4) constant opening of new tabs when you click on almost any link.  That really is annoying.  (Open website, click store, why would anyone want that in another tab, if I want to do that I can right mouse click and choose).
5) Search for something you know is there and the search finds nothing
6) Two stores.  Same content in both, one store I can use points for, other store I can't.

I'm sure there are more annoyances.  I might add to this later.

Home built PC:- i9 9900K 32GB RAM, Zotac 1080TI mini.
Band Music:-  https://thehairthieves.bandcamp.com/
Solo Instrumentals:- https://sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com/

Edited
7 Years Ago by rollasoc
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
rollasoc (9/12/2017)

6) Two stores.  Same content in both, one store I can use points for, other store I can't.

There is a reason for the two stores.

The Content Stores sells official content from RL and certified 3rd-party developers, so the offerings are restricted.

The MarketPlace is open to anyone who wants to create content and sell it or give it away, like I do. It includes content from the Content Store, but whereas the Content Store may offer this content as a pack, in the MarketPlace you can often buy individual items from that pack.

The use of points in the MarketPlace has practical reasons, as it requires no financial transactions between RL and the developers, which would be a logistic nightmare.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
rollasoc (9/12/2017)
4) constant opening of new tabs when you click on almost any link.  That really is annoying.  (Open website, click store, why would anyone want that in another tab).

I find that handy after I've done a search. I can easily go back to the search results and select another item from there. It's also useful for comparisons.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jollyro
jollyro
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I agree. I like the open Tabs, it makes it much easier.
I use Google Chrome and Mozilla, so far not much trouble.
Broken links exist to the older stuff, mostly removed Videos etc. But I think it is mostly the Vendors, who should address that. 
I do not have any trouble with that, I have lots of Items on my list for years, they are still all there. I had to re-download some of the older items, no problem. Even stuff, that is not listed anymore. 
Had to find out, that some of that is not suitable anymore in 7 or it just looks to old and bad, but that is another story....., (I started wit Iclone 4 in Germany a looooong time ago...)

Reading This Topic