Phonemes and lipsync

Posted By esemgee 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I did some lip-sync in Crazy Talk and it was a doddle, but I am not finding the same experience in iClone 7. Best do this in numbers:
        1. I am trying to get three girls to sing together, so far I can't test this as it seems impossible to copy and paste one girl's lip track to another. How?
        2. If I use text to voice - where do the words I typed go? I seem to remember in CT they appeared on the Timeline and could be moved to fit into place - can't find them in iC7. Maybe I am doing it wrong...
        3. Using 'phonemes' to correct (been forced to this as at the moment can only get voice to work with song, and yes, they do try to mimic a drum!) I noticed that the word 'you' is pretty hard to create. The start of the sound happens in mouth but if I try to use the  wh/oo it looks wrong as the lips open. It is such a common sound there has to be a simple work around...
        4. There is no number 4 at the moment, but I bet there will be!
Thanks in advance
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
For the first one just save the gathered motion on the timeline as a motionplus, and then reload onto the next girl.  Too sleepy at the moment to really understand the rest.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
2/ When you create a text to voice the words are converted into a sound track which is then used to produce the viseme track.
3/ You should look on youtube at someone speaking and pay attention to what shapes the mouth makes while talking particularly when in speaking in sentences. Mostly the mouth opens and closes, narrows and widens more than produce complete viseme shapes.  Try it yourself while looking in a mirror.
4/ ?? Smile 

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

The irony is I am in actual fact an English language teacher and know all about making the sounds etc - just no idea of getting a sound like 'you' made in iClone!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There is a difference between visemes and phonemes -- while there is *some* correlation, there isn't as much as you'd think (which is why the folks at Bad Lip Reading have such fun with things).  As an English teacher you are familiar with phonemes but probably not with visemes (it isn't helped by the fact that some software use the terms interchangeably in error).

If you do a little reading you'll see the differences and be able then to see what visemes are needed.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks! I seem to battling something that was once so easy. I am not in the mood to fire up Crazy Talk right now to confirm this, but I remember I could type in the words, silence the damn spoken audio track keeping the main audio active. The words or phrases could then, individually if need be, be moved closer or further away from each other, though I don't think I could overlap. Once you have the written words matched to the sung words - just like subtitles- then life was really quite simple! Is this possible in iClone 7? And if not - are they mad fixing things that were not broken? Now, if I write one word it then seems to find more from the backing track. I have not asked it to read the sound!

rogyru
rogyru
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You  still can do all that inside of Iclone 7  just learn to use the time lines and experiment its all there . Are watch one of the many tutorials on the subject . Your a teacher so learning should not be a problem . Just look under Viseme in thn time line and you will see lips  with all the spoken words along with lip options you can move them to sync with your audio. Any sound track can be loaded separate and NOT linked to text audio  . Not sure why some people are telling you they are both the same there is volume controls for both  . As other have said save the lipsinc to motion plus and load it on to your other chars .  And also use the face puppet tool to add another layer to improve the look
Edited
7 Years Ago by rogyrue
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
garry.smout (8/24/2017)
..I noticed that the word 'you' is pretty hard to create. The start of the sound happens in mouth but if I try to use the  wh/oo it looks wrong as the lips open. It is such a common sound there has to be a simple work around...

Excluding "Tongue" phonemes <L,F>... You can easily create all English phonemes using only (4) morph / blendshapes.
~ Mouth Open
~ Pucker (Kiss)
~ Slight Smile... Where the corner of the mouth "Sinks Inward" into the cheek.
~ Mouth Closed

To utter "You"....
~ Open the mouth a little
~ Blend the "Pucker" morph... a little
Perfect "You"

esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks. It seems I can't do 'all' that I remember - no way does the text to audio script appear in words in iC7 or CT8! It does seem odd as to correct a simple 'a' to 'the', would mean starting again. You mention it is possible so how? Or maybe you misunderstood me. Anyway, for me the only way round it, for those interested, is to rename each phrase with the phrase! Not much help to re-edit but useful in a song full of repetitions! I do feel my Timeline is a bit 'corrupted' though. I have 3 characters, I want to work on one so I toggle the others so they are on one line - their name - then open the one I want to work on... and all are now reopened! Takes up a lot of real estate so it can't be correct. I have to turn off the visibility and close them down, and to bring them back opens up another can of worms - they either now have their own line or now share one and I use F5 to toggle between them. I guess there are reasons for this but simplicity isn't one!

esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

To utter "You"....
~ Open the mouth a little
~ Blend the "Pucker" morph... a little
Perfect "You"

Ah Ha! That's what I was looking for! Being a newbie it still hasn't struck me that one can go beyond the 'easy'! Of course - use the mouth not the sounds!

Reading This Topic