Profile Picture

ROME - Fantasy Environment Pack (Available Now)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The price of Export content is similar to Unreal's, while iContent price is definitely lower than this!

rogyrue (8/23/2017)
The set got good reviews on unreal market . Looks like a quailty set of props . Do we have a idea of price yet ?

QTheory
QTheory
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi Everyone,

I'm excited for the release of Rome: Fantasy Pack I for iClone! In the meantime, enjoy the instructional videos to help get you started and familiar with what is included!

Side note: Quantum Theory is just one guy! I built the pack over the course of 4 months. Enjoy!

Edited
7 Years Ago by QTheory
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Welcome to the forums and thanks for creating such a great set (perhaps some sort of Western set on this kind of scale could be considered?)

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Looks like a nice set Smile

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all, it's on store now!
The Early Bird ends on Sept 14th, just a reminder if you don't want to miss it Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/338781/PBR-Fantasy-Pack-ROME-Now-Available

rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago

Romans were noted for their heavily strengthened walledCities with gates is this the case?

I noticed mention of walls and gates, are they just forbuildings?

Are content items available to build exterior security wallswith large secure gates?

I can pretty well visualize building exterior walls builtwith this pack, but if the pack in not properly prepared it could take alot ofextra work.

Exterior walls were thicker and stones in the walls weremuch bigger in many instances.

Gates were much stronger and larger  Here are a couple links with many referral links to Roman Walls informaiton..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Roman_defensive_walls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurelian_Walls

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@Rampart,

The highest "walls" provided in this pack are just over 2 meters in height and, like all of the building components, consist of single sided planes. Any interior shots are going to require a lot of work to be of any use. The creator of the pack didn't bother to take the time making the items 2-sided.

Looks like the stuff is great for externals in a game, but a PITA for a movie.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago

wires (8/27/2017)
@Rampart,

The highest "walls" provided in this pack are just over 2 meters in height and, like all of the building components, consist of single sided planes. Any interior shots are going to require a lot of work to be of any use. The creator of the pack didn't bother to take the time making the items 2-sided.

Looks like the stuff is great for externals in a game, but a PITA for a movie.

Thanks for the information. Video producers really have to be careful, ask questions. 
I really hate having to ask for refunds when Content does NOT fit my needs.
Game content development  is unlike video content development.
I've beat that dead horse too many time to discuss it.

I do think it strange how game developers think their stuff should automatically work for video production.
Several times I've tried to explain, but a forums really not that efficient for getting the " word out"

I really think it should be RL that reviews content packs carefully for video producers or game producers.

Alot of the Daz3d content artists have become aware of differences.  2 sided content, hidden walls and extended functions within content packs is on the rise.
Elevators, sliding and swing doors and other items that allow video producers to make videos more interesting with interactive items in content packs.
Daz developers have got a head start, because they have included camera and lighting presets for years/
Camera presets have never been really applied with RL.  We can set cameras to suit, which is pretty well basic expectation for video production. 
Daz3d developers have always had lighting and camera presets, to assist users to produce high quality renders. 

I have QT terrains, which I have enjoyed.

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart
QTheory
QTheory
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
The highest "walls" provided in this pack are just over 2 meters in height

To make a large surrounding wall, you would use the modular pieces and stack them the same way you'd make a building. Line the tops with the terracotta roof edge pieces to complete it.

Reading This Topic