Posted By jimab 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Newbie trying to understand when to us G2 and when to use G3

Author
jimab
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm coming back to CTA3 after a long hiatus and am trying figure some things out. G2 looks the choice for telling traditional cartoon stories involving multiple characters in a scene. Where some characters appear at 0 degrees and some at 90 degrees and some at 180 degrees. G3 looks like primarily for front facing characters providing a message directly to the camera/person viewing.  Most of what I want to accomplish seems to be more oriented to g2, but g2 looks to be a lot more work. G3 appears to more oriented to things like advertising. I'd like to get thoughts from people on this.
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I don't think you should see G3 characters only suitable for certain uses. You can tell fantastic stories using G3 characters just as well as you can with G2 characters. You have both front and side views for G3 characters which allow for interactivity with other characters. Personally I love the "elastic" animations that are available for G3 characters. They just look so fun and expressive. Plus it's so much easier to create your own custom G3 characters than G2 characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic