Help testing content?

Posted By Slayerazazel 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Slayerazazel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi, 

I was unsure where to post this, but i guess i'm posting it here. I'm still quite new to all this. I have uploaded a character that i have created in CC2 and i set it to allow trial so i could download it and test it. It downloads fine, but when trying to load it into iclone, it says "Failed to load the file." So i am unsure if this is even working or not. (I have no idea if it is because its my item im trying to download and install or not, even after moving the original files i uploaded elsewhere, its still not working) Both files are having the same issue.

Is anyone willing to download the trials and see if they are working or not? So if there is a problem i can hide the content and get it fixed before anyone purchases.
Hybrid01 Male CC and Hybrid01 Male IC

Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Anyone?

Also is there something wrong with the content uploader and the marketplace, I had issues uploading my content, it takes about half an hour and then says content failed to upload, sometimes it's up there and saved as a draft and other times nothing, and I have to upload again, and again and gain until it actually uploads.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
This post has been flagged as an answer
Slayerazazel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

All good, I found the issue to be with the content uploader. I just reinstalled the content uploader and it's all working fine. And I was able to download and test my own trials. All working fine!!

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Keep in mind that you don't need to set your content to Trial if YOU want to test it. You always have a license for your own content and thus you can fully download it. In case you are unaware, if you go to your Inventory on the RL website, you can click on a link to show your own content (I don't recall the link name right now but it is somewhere above the content list in the header). This allows you to download any of your own content in the same manner that other user will download it (i.e. it will be stored in the Template folder instead of Custom and will appear in the regular CC folders as opposed to the Custom folders).
Setting Trial is only to allow other users to download the content, without buying it, and playing around with it to see if they like it. As far as I know, trial content causes the content to be rendered with trial logos (or similar) over the content so that it cannot be used in any final production without purchase. In addition, as far as I know, you can't derive content from trail content until you purchase it. 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, i ended up figuring that out and all has been working fine. Thanks for the info though. This was just me being new with everything, but i have managed to find my way around everything pretty well now.

Reading This Topic