FBX Import explode Using Daz studio figures

Posted By blindman 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
blindman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 days ago
I have been successfully importing Daz V4 characters even managed to modify the iCloneFaceKey file for Studio  to get facal animations in to 3Dx6. I recently tried to FBX a character I created some time ago but never got around to using in Iclone into 3Dx6  Did the usual FBX export and this happened "see below"  the clothing is fine but the character had kind of exploded. For clarity I am using 3Dx6 pipeline
I did some experimenting and it looks like during the original opening of the base figure in studio the SubD info was included. now even if I tick the include SubD info box during the FBX export it still fails but this time by crashing 3Dx6
Daz Help files warns of potential problems with Subd info and morphs within Studio     (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/subd/start) So this may cause problems with the FBX files as well  (Just eduguessing here)
Once created the SubD info cant be removed from the figure so you will have to start from scratch by loading a base figure untick the SubD box in the advanced tab of the powerloader dialogue during loading. and rebuild your character in Studio
But this fixed the FBX import into 3Dx6 for me
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8ea86ae2-0a5b-40d1-8017-4a6b.png

FBX import with SubD info activated in Studiops

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I have no Idea why you need the powerloader  for importing a DAZ Fbx to iclone
Also I can not understand why you not turn off the Subdivision Level.
The Daz character is already high, therefore  not needed to increase the polycount for realtime target app.

What is the goal of your strange workaround?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
718178 polys only for 1 character is too much

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

blindman
blindman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Last Active: 11 days ago
This isnt a work around Its highlighting a problem of what can happen if you DO tick the SubD box either on purpose or by mistake
I want asking for help or trying to prove anything, The whole post is nothing more than passing on a experience, that a simple mistake can cause problems.

Ithought that was obvious sorry I was wrong !

Reading This Topic