Custom Hair Import Error *Hip Bone*

Posted By theorysharp 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I made polygon hair in maya. Saved it as an FBX 2018 and tried 2012 too. I modeled the hair around my character model.

I never rig the hair to the character or anything like that (not sure if that is required)

Upon importing the hair, I get a "missing hip bone" error.

Any idea how to go about sucessfully importing custom made hair from maya?

Edited
7 Years Ago by theorysharp
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Just curious:
If you export hair (FBX) and view it in Maya... Does it show any modifiers applied to it?
i.e. skin, bones, point helpers, etc.??

...if so, this would solve your question.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I think you are trying to import hair that is on a character into Character Creator? If so, it would follow the same procedure as cloth, but you only rig it to the weight it to the head bone.

If you are trying to import it as an accessory (prop) that you can then attach to a character in iClone, then you should import just the hair object through 3DXchange.
theorysharp
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)Veteran Member (750 reputation)

Rampa (8/10/2017)
I think you are trying to import hair that is on a character into Character Creator? If so, it would follow the same procedure as cloth, but you only rig it to the weight it to the head bone.

If you are trying to import it as an accessory (prop) that you can then attach to a character in iClone, then you should import just the hair object through 3DXchange.

Thanks I've been struggling to figure out how to do this tho. I keep getting errors when trying to import so I must not be rigging the hair correctly.

When using a default character from CC in maya, is the head bone called "Head Nub" ? I have been selecting my poly hair group + head nub and used Skin Bind, but it is not working? Having trouble finding more info on this. How do I do this?
Edited
7 Years Ago by theorysharp
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I found a video for you. Smile

theorysharp
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Rampa (8/14/2017)
I found a video for you. Smile

Yeah I tried using this a dozen times, haven't been able to get it working.

I did a test to see if I could import a default character from CC into maya, then export the character from maya into CC. 
Just doing a default character doesn't even work for me.

I realized there are errors upon importing the default cc character into maya.
My characters skin has no color and here are the errors.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5ede74e2-37e3-4d40-958a-87e6.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1467b51e-9849-4c2c-9cd8-491d.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/afc87aa0-b615-4b71-83e2-7862.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f68f0f88-c496-4c21-802d-d1d2.jpg

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week

but this is the way. I have maya too and it works

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

theorysharp
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

vidi (8/16/2017)

but this is the way. I have maya too and it works

Do you get errors when importing a CC fbx and which version of maya do you have? Are you using specific setting on import?

Reading This Topic