FW Plugin Sequence vs. Webcam

Posted By Kelleytoons 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Thanks for that info on your VO talent.  I will keep those tips in mind as I solicit my friends work.

I'm actually hopeful they expose the visemes to python scripting (which I have a ton of experience in) because then I can use Papagayo (the absolutely BEST lip-sync program I've ever found, and I've spend thousands of dollars on them) to generate the tracks and then script the visemes into iClone.  Otherwise perhaps I'll try the CT route as well.

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Am I missing something?  I thought that Faceware allows simultaneous recording of facial recording along with the visems bypassing the Iclone visems workflow. 

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Jfrog (8/11/2017)
Am I missing something?  I thought that Faceware allows simultaneous recording of facial recording along with the visems bypassing the Iclone visems workflow. 

Check this video. Stuckon is recording audio and mocap at the same time, and then can edit the visemes after the fact.

The actual facial mocap by itself is equivalent to Face Puppet, but driven by FW from the video.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Rampa
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the share rampa, this related video shows the use of an image sequence with FW and worth noting their running demos through laptops. I'm sure their using high end laptops but they drive FW nicely.

VTV® and Virtual Media® Are part of The Virtual Broadcasting Network™  Stay Tooned...
http://VTVLive.com
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Even though These features are out of my range (experience) and price I am super excited to see what you guys do with this technology! 

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  2x GTX 1080 ti (11gb) SLI, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

Edited
4 Years Ago by CtrlZ
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Kellytoon,
 I'm curious when you say your system is the "highest end you could buy" but then talk about SSD room restriction because you can get Multiple SSD in 2TB and run them in a Raid configuration. or a 500 G  M2 drive and use it strictly for swap memory.  I think you were meaning Highest you could afford ( which is what we all do.)  because highest you could buy runs into 20K+ trust me I've dreamed such systems just couldn't afford.

Sorry, Guess my point is your contradicting yourself when you speak of the restrictions your system has and it being the "highest end" . I think if you had the highest end or just a higher end possible add a large SSD you could get the results you are wanting.  

Kelleytoons (8/10/2017)
Ani,

That is NOT my experience at all (and my PC is about the highest end you could buy).  If I am editing a video then, yes, my NLE does just fine, but if I have a sequence of stills (like produced from iClone) then there is no way it will just scrub easily on the timeline unless it precomposes that sequence (and even that isn't smooth but rather a "Cheat" since it won't then compose at 60fps).  Now, I'm running off a very fast HD (because there is no way I'd have enough room to do this on my SSD -- that's another fallacy, as most will not put their stuff there).

I think you are VERY mistaken about this.  But I still want to hear from those who know, not those who speculate.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (26.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I'm saying I HAVE SSDs but I would never use them for the HUNDREDS of video sequences I am using -- if you have a system that can run 20 SSDs in it I'd love to see it (I have around 40TBs of disk space -- but I'm sure you have plenty more than that, and all in SSD).

Grow up, guys.  It's not practical to use SSDs for this kind of processing, unless you are going to be constantly cleaning and removing your videos (and I'm too old to have that kind of time in my life.  Maybe that's what I should have said -- I'm not YOUNG enough to use SSD space :>Wink

Alienware Aurora R7, Win 10, i7-8700k, 4.7GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX Titan XP (12GB), Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

"Check this video. Stuckon is recording audio and mocap at the same time, and then can edit the visemes after the fact."

Thank you Rampa.

Regarding SSDs, I was using 500 MB/s (read / write speed) SSD from Samsung, they are a huge improvement over Sata 3 HD drive (max 180 MB/s) but now my main "work drive" is  a 1TB M2 drive by Samsung that is really fast (2000MB/s write, 3000 MB/s read). The pro model is as expensive as a GTX 1080 but it is worth it when working with huge file (4K video image sequences  for example).   When I am done with a project I just transfer it to one of my two 5TB internal drive, keeping only the current projects on the M2 SSD.

One question, on the video above they said that the set was create in "Dust" or "Dusk"? and imported into clone. I did not get the name properly. Does anybody knows what is the name of this set creator?

Thank you.

Intel I7 6850K 3.6 with MSI X99 SLI plus , GTX 1080,  32Gb Ram , 1 TB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD
paulg625
paulg625
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Wow,
 I wasn't trying to be a jerk Kellytoon I was asking a serious question Just trying to understand your perspective and this topic. 

Kelleytoons (8/11/2017)
I'm saying I HAVE SSDs but I would never use them for the HUNDREDS of video sequences I am using -- if you have a system that can run 20 SSDs in it I'd love to see it (I have around 40TBs of disk space -- but I'm sure you have plenty more than that, and all in SSD).

Grow up, guys.  It's not practical to use SSDs for this kind of processing, unless you are going to be constantly cleaning and removing your videos (and I'm too old to have that kind of time in my life.  Maybe that's what I should have said -- I'm not YOUNG enough to use SSD space :>Wink

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.2K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
I was hoping that the facial Mocap would NOT rely on iClone's current speech to viseme assignment as it is messy and requires a lot of cleanup. So more clarification would be welcome.

The CT route mentioned earlier only gives improvements when using TTS (where the text is used to aid the viseme assignment), otherwise the results are the same as with iClone.

3DTest devised a method that uses the TTS-generated script as a reference (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGs7idDhsPk ), but the hope is that text-support lip-sync will be integrated in iClone in the future.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1f3bed13-1788-45e1-9ace-4fd0.jpg

Reading This Topic