Problems with Popvideo 3 not removing background

Posted By jlthorne 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jlthorne
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
ot get Popvideo 3 to completely remove the background.  Everything that disappears when I click on the Chromakey tab stays invisible with the exported output, and everything that I use the mask tool on is gone inside of PopVideo for the whole animation but shows up in the rendered output in two modes - Popvideo and Mov(ProRes).  In AVI mode I get the same video as I started (no checkerboard or blank parts). I am using the latest version of Popvideo 3.01.0411.1.  I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I have tried all the options I can see without success.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.  I am using Windows 10 if that matters.

Thanks Jeff Thorne
Edited
7 Years Ago by jlthorne
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
How are you using your Popvideos?

The best way (IMHO) is to right drag them over from a Windows explorer folder into iClone.  It will then give you some options (3, I believe): background, billboard, or plane.  I assume you don't want this as a background, so you choose either billboard or plane and it should correctly populate the material of either one so that you have the Popvideo in both the diffuse as well as the opacity slots.

If you are trying to use Popvideos any other way you need to remember to put it in both the slots of whatever material you are referencing.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jlthorne
jlthorne
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)Veteran Member (984 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you for your help.  You were right, I was using it as a background.  Now the POPVideo and the MOV works but I have not got the AVI to work but that is ok.  Thanks
Jeff
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry but I don't visit this sub forum that often.

AVI files can be problematic because they don't contain alpha. You will need to remove the background by chromakey which I think is an option in Popvideo but I've never done it. If that's what you need let me know and I'll see how that works ( on iPad right now so Ican't check)

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic