Profile Picture

iClone 7 Slow speed and Laggy

Posted By c.claus 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
micahpharoh
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Wow, I'm just using the trial version but I'm having the exact same problem on a GTX 1070.  Runs absolutely terribly while the window is active.  Very strange.

Edit: I was getting around 3fps in the viewport before I changed my G-SYNC settings

bug
Edited
4 Years Ago by micahpharoh
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I discovered something interesting, where the addition of one character slowed down the FPS to a crawl even in Quick Mode. I had used that character before without issues, but the one thing that I changed was the hair and that turned out to cause the problem. The hair is not very high-poly (about 13k), but it looks fuzzy so that may be the problem: lots of draws.

It also doesn't matter if I change the shading; even in wireframe it slows down playback.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by animagic
micahpharoh
micahpharoh
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I noticed that when I moved my iClone 7 window to my other monitor the issue went away.  Turns out it was caused by my G-SYNC settings (as someone mentioned in a previous post).  These settings fixed the problem.  

Edit: Well, it fixed it for a bit but now I'm having problems again.  The frame rate is fine if I move the window to another monitor that doesn't have G-SYNC turned on.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a01f55cb-67c3-4894-af2d-01a5.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by micahpharoh
3Aliens
3Aliens
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
new-own (5/18/2020)
I just found out something huge that might help to find the reason and cause of why a lot of users having a very slow iClone 7.
I need to talk to a Reallusionist (Insider)...

HAHAHAHA Me searching for a Solution finds this!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 minutes ago
I'll keep posting this but if your scene has more than a few dozen props that's mostly the issue.  If you consolidate them all (merge props) you will find a huge increase in speed).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic