iClone 7 Slow speed and Laggy

Posted By c.claus 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
StrangeMotions90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks for offering a solution to my problem but I do not have G-SYNC and I'm still having the same problems :/
StrangeMotions90
StrangeMotions90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Hi, I posted on here about this problem I was having before, I've fully installed any updates for my PC and have uninstalled and restalled all my reallusion software as suggested but I'm still getting a lot of lag to the point where I cant get any work done. I've even reduced the scene to the bare minimum as much as possible, removing a bunch of props etc. but this hasn't changed anything. As I'm currently stuck in lockdown, this would be a great time to get a bunch of work done but because of this lag issue, I'm unable to do so. This is really starting to annoy me to the point where I'm taking it into consideration if I should just give up on this project which would be a shame since I've put a lot of time and money into this project, as well as all my voice actors. Please if anyone knows a way to fix this, I could really use your help. Thank you.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/095097cb-1d9c-46ec-a635-e917.jpg
Edited
4 Years Ago by StrangeMotions90
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi StrangeMotions

Have you customised your Nvidia graphics settings in any way? If so that could be the problem.

It is important that iClone 7 runs using the default "Application Controlled" option. This allows iClone to offer the best performance on your system.

If you are not sure, you can open the Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking the Desktop. Then try hitting the Restore button as shown below under the Global tab. Please Note: If it is important to have a Global custom setting, try creating a separate profile for iClone 7 under the Program Settings tab and make sure this is using the default setting.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/251d03ff-c200-4eb0-a868-3f35.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
StrangeMotions90
StrangeMotions90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply, I have just tried this suggestion and restarted my PC but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. 
GHarry
GHarry
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hi Peter,

thanks for this Tip.  
That was the solution  for my Problems. My Projekt  iClone 7 CubeWorld have more then 3GB Size and  crashed after loading. 
It wasn´t possible to move inside the CubeWorld.  My other projects with more than 1 GB are running again now without any problems

Greetings
GHarry

JohnLiebe
JohnLiebe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)Senior Member (411 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In my case, the slowdown problem was with using the onboard Intel graphics for my second monitor.
When I switched to ONLY use my RTX2060 the performance difference was huge. Preview renders that took minutes before are now almost realtime.
I'm not sure if this is a bug in iClone, because I can run other software with integrated iRay just fine while using the onboard Intel GPU and 2nd monitor.

new-own
new-own
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I just found out something huge that might help to find the reason and cause of why a lot of users having a very slow iClone 7.
I need to talk to a Reallusionist (Insider)...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
new-own (5/18/2020)
I just found out something huge that might help to find the reason and cause of why a lot of users having a very slow iClone 7.

If you have found something that might help those suffering from performance issues, it would be beneficial to everyone if you posted it on the forum. However if there is a reason you don't want to, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll look into it. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

new-own
new-own
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Peter (RL) (5/18/2020)
new-own (5/18/2020)

If you have found something that might help those suffering from performance issues, it would be beneficial to everyone if you posted it on the forum. However if there is a reason you don't want to, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll look into it. Smile

The reason I didn't just share is because it is not a solution. It only shows developers what might cause the problem. Okay here is what I found.

I have my iClone running, playing an empty scene with nothing loaded into the scene gives me a realtime playback of around 21 fps. (Something is not right)
I load some character with animation into my scene and play it in realtime with QuickMode selected for the preview and I get around 3.1 fps. (That is unacceptable)
I use my motion capture plugins, LIVE FACE and Perecption Neuron and I get 3.1 fps during live animation preview and recording. recorded animation records with total loss of data and very jittery rough motion. (I was super sad for weeks to spend so much money and have this result.)

Then I accidentally found that, when iClone is running in the foreground as my main, it is acting slow and I get maximum of 6 fps playing back an animation. However, as soon as I switch any other software to my foreground and leave iClone in the background playing the animation, it jumps to a constant of 60 fps fixed! even when recording motion capture, I have to hit on Record button and then leave NotePad running on the foreground on top of iClone while I still can see what's happening on iClone.

I don't know what is the cause but I can see that if iClone is running in the foreground, something is consuming it heavily.
Vedus
Vedus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)

I am new to iclone and cc3 and i am still learning 
As 3D modeler i have configure my Desktop for at last best perfomance...
My Tips.

1: ) Install windows 10 HOME you don't need bussines or pro versions
  • AVCTP service: if you don’t use Bluetooth Audio Device or Wireless Headphones.
  • BitLocker Drive Encryption Service: if you don’t use BitLocker storage encryption.
  • Bluetooth Support Service: if you don’t use any Bluetooth device.
  • Computer Browser: this will disable Network discovery of systems on the local network.
  • Connected User Experiences and Telemetry: it will disable Feedback, Telemetry and Data Collection.
  • Diagnostic Policy Service
  • Diagnostic Tracking Service: it will turn off Telemetry and Data Collection.
  • Distributed Link Tracking Client: if you don’t need to use a network.
  • Downloaded Maps Manager: if you don’t use the Bing Maps app.
  • File History Service: if you don’t intend to use Windows Backup or System Restore.
  • IP Helper: if you don’t use IPv6 connection.
  • Infrared monitor service: if you never use File transfer via infrared devices.
  • Internet Connection Sharing: it is an old service that can be disabled.
  • Netlogon: if you are not on a domain controller environment.
  • Program Compatibility Assistant Service: it will hinder your running in the Compatibility Mode though.
  • Print Spooler: if you don’t use a Printer.
  • Parental Control: if you don’t use the Parental Control feature.
  • Remote Registry: you’d better disable it. Then, no one can access your Registry remotely.
  • Secondary Logon
  • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper: if you are not a part of a Workgroup network.
  • Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service: if you don’t use a touch device.
  • Windows Error Reporting Service: if you don’t need to save or send error reports.
  • Windows Image Acquisition: if you don’t use a Scanner.
  • Windows Insider Service: if you are not a part of the Windows Insider Program.
  • Windows Search: if you never use Windows Search.
[/code]
Before disabling unnecessary services in Windows 10, you’d better create a System Restore Point and make a note of the Windows services that you are disabled.
In this situation, you can take a look at the services that are shown as Automatic because only these services can make your Windows take longer time to boot up.
Now, you can click the Startup Type header to show all the automatic services. Then, you can right-click on one service and select Stop. 
While you can also see that there is no such a Stop option after right-clicking a service. If so, just go to the next one.
However, before stopping a service, you can read the description of that Windows service and then decide whether to stop it.

3: ) if you have 16GB memory create 32GB pagefile (if your HDD is fast BigGrin ) 

This above is the Basics

4: ) As Modeler or animator you need speed so here again the basics..

Don't buy a simple ssd because is cheap.. 

CHEAP > SSD SAMSUNG MZ-76Q1T0BW 860 QVO 1TB 2.5'' SATA 3
Sequential Read/Write SpeedUp to 550/520 MB/s
Random Read/Write SpeedUp to 97K/89K IOPS
Price around 120-130$

Samsung 970 EVO MZ-V7E1T0BW 1TB SED PCIe NVMe SSD
Sequential Read SpeedUp to 3,400 MB/s Sequential Read
Sequential Write SpeedUp to 2,500 MB/s Sequential Write
Random Read SpeedRandom Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS
Random Write SpeedRandom Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 450,000 IOPS

* Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration

PRICE around 170$ -200$
The above is 1TB if you want a lower budget go for 512GB is the half prices
If you want to start the upgrading then...
HDD > MOTHERBOARD > CPU > VGA > MEMORY

Sorry for my english Wink
Edited
4 Years Ago by Vedus

Reading This Topic