iClone 7 Slow speed and Laggy

Posted By c.claus 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gordryd
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I have slow response as well since upgrade to 7.02, as well as slow loading of intial program (I opened a feedback tracker for this).  I have core i7, GTX 1050 ti, & 8GB DDR.  The problem starts even before loading anything (graphic memory use is low) -- it takes >90 seconds when selecting ANYTHING in the CONTENT tab before the program actually responds and I can make my next selection (which takes an additional 90 seconds), so basically iClone is now un-usable.  It worked fine from iClone 4 thru 7.01.  Also, when the program loads, it stays stuck while loading ICColorManagementSection.dll for a couple of minutes before it continues to load.  The rest of the DLL's load fast.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

mark (10/6/2017)
A beefy Display card is a must but when I went to a 1TB SSD Drive for the C: drive my iClone world was rocked to the core!!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

Would you tell us which one?  (Just curious, although the WD 3D Blue looks tantalizing).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
evidanse
evidanse
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have turned physic and GI with no results

TheOldBuffer (10/10/2017)
evidanse (10/10/2017)
I only use 1.4 gb of the 4.1 bg of my graphic card memory, but Iclone is still laggy....How is it possible ?

Turn physx and GI off and see if that helps

evidanse
evidanse
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
My graphic card is updated with no results...
I have installed iclone software in my 120 gb ssd drive and the content in an other traditional HDD drive... Do you think it's the origin of my problem ?

thx
paulg625 (10/10/2017)
Remember the older card also has fewer processor cores to work with. Might also want to check into a Driver update...

evidanse (10/10/2017)
I only use 1.4 gb of the 4.1 bg of my graphic card memory, but Iclone is still laggy....How is it possible ?

paulg625
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
What OS system are you using and how long have you been using it. Windows 10 has a few strange load issues locking the hard drive especially a SSD. Especially if you have updated either on your own. If store bought config they typically have all the settings right for SSD

gordryd (10/10/2017)
I have slow response as well since upgrade to 7.02, as well as slow loading of intial program (I opened a feedback tracker for this).  I have core i7, GTX 1050 ti, & 8GB DDR.  The problem starts even before loading anything (graphic memory use is low) -- it takes >90 seconds when selecting ANYTHING in the CONTENT tab before the program actually responds and I can make my next selection (which takes an additional 90 seconds), so basically iClone is now un-usable.  It worked fine from iClone 4 thru 7.01.  Also, when the program loads, it stays stuck while loading ICColorManagementSection.dll for a couple of minutes before it continues to load.  The rest of the DLL's load fast.

gordryd
gordryd
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

I am using Win 7 Home Premium (64-bit of course...) - my iClone 7 is installed on an SSD (WD Blue)

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
7 Years Ago by gordryd
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Kelleytoons (10/10/2017)
mark (10/6/2017)
A beefy Display card is a must but when I went to a 1TB SSD Drive for the C: drive my iClone world was rocked to the core!!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

Would you tell us which one?  (Just curious, although the WD 3D Blue looks tantalizing).

This REALLY made all the difference for me with iC7, wish I had gotten it when iC6 came out, it would have help me "get-with-it" much sooner.
I really think it's a problem many folks are having with sluggish iClone response. iClone really reads/writes A LOT of info back and forth during use I discovered.
I went with a Samsung but I'm sure there are others that would work just fine. And the 1TB was a bit of overkill I could have used a 500GB just as well I'm sure Wink It came with a very nifty utility that cloned my C drive with no problem so swapping out was a breeze!!!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBRFFAS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Thanks.  After looking further I decided it wouldn't help me any -- I already have all my programs loading/unloading from my 256mb Samsung SSD, and while it *would* allow my content directory faster access I don't really do much there anyway (nowadays I'm into managing things by projects).

But I'm sure others who don't have an SSD boot drive would get faster access (I can't exactly say it was night and day when I first switched to an SSD, but at least it doesn't take *forever* to load, although Character Creator is still the slowest loading program I own, and I own MUCH bigger programs).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
StrangeMotions90
StrangeMotions90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi, I've recently been having a lot of lag issue while using iClone 7 to the point where I can't work on any of my projects. I have contacted Reallusion support but they haven't been any help as none of the solutions they have given doesn't work, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help fix my problem so I can get back to working on my projects. I have already wiped my PC clean and reinstalled everything and have also made sure my drivers and Softwares are all up to date. I use an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card with an Intel i7 processor, iClone 7 was working fine just over a month ago and it seems to only be iClone 7 that is having lag issues as the rest of my PC is still running smooth. 

Thanks in advance.
james_muia
james_muia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
StrangeMotions90 (1/29/2020)
Hi, I've recently been having a lot of lag issue while using iClone 7 to the point where I can't work on any of my projects. I have contacted Reallusion support but they haven't been any help as none of the solutions they have given doesn't work, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help fix my problem so I can get back to working on my projects. I have already wiped my PC clean and reinstalled everything and have also made sure my drivers and Softwares are all up to date. I use an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card with an Intel i7 processor, iClone 7 was working fine just over a month ago and it seems to only be iClone 7 that is having lag issues as the rest of my PC is still running smooth. 

Thanks in advance.

Try checking this post I made.
https://forum.reallusion.com/406607/Iclone-lagging-when-moving-the-mouse-144hz-Gsync-User-This-may-be-your-solution

If you are a GSYNC user, make sure that 'Enable G-SYNC for full screen mode." is enabled.

If you have "Enable G-SYNC for windowed and full screen mode." enabled, IClone will be laggy. For some reason GSYNC does not work well in IClone if windowed and full screen mode is enabled.

IMDB: James Muia
Aviticus Dragon on YouTube

Computer Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-7820X Processor (8x 4.30GHz/11MB L3 Cache)
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm
Liquid CPU CoolerASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming Motherboard
32 GB DDR4-3200 GSKILL Ripjaws V Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB - EVGA FTW3

Reading This Topic