FBX NON T-pose NEEDED for Clothes Creation

Posted By Evey Fawkes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Evey Fawkes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi. I need a standard caracter that i can export in a neutral pose, and import back in. the darned T pose makes it impossible to make clothes that wrap around my caracters body, like a cloak. please anyone, point me to a standard caracter that I can use in blender and marvellous designer and send back again with the new clothes to Caracter Creator. To make decent pants or boots, he/she needs their legs to be slightly apart and arms DOWN the body.
I cant make a decent full body cape for my caracter V (as in V for Vendetta).
so pls pls pls. where/when can i get a standard fbx caracter in a neutral pose?? If Iclone doesnt have one, it needs to build us one.

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Set the pose the way that you want it in iClone and then select "Current Frame" in the FBX Export panel.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fdd80966-2874-4bf3-8c52-3a34.png

The character can then be opened with this pose in Blender.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dd632caf-1ab1-47df-a8ad-90f1.png

The major drawback with this is that iClone does not create an FBX key file for use in CC, but the Character will open in 3DXchange with the applied pose.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c38237d-0e9b-42b5-8e4a-da5e.png

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Evey Fawkes
Evey Fawkes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Hi! Thanks ypu for your answer, but u will understand, I am still totally STUCK. Whatever clothing i make on this caracter, i can nit send it back to CC or Iclone.. Not even thru 3dx pipeline, if I am not mistaken. CC, in my humble opinion, should offer us users an FBX that we can export and import in at least 1 other pose, so we can make more clothing, and other attributes, . Do you, or anyone else, know of another FBX caracter in the correct pose that can be imported and exported into CC? There HAS to b a way around this, right?
Evey Fawkes
Evey Fawkes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OH..... all this work. Have my V in 3dx pipeline, but no way I can figure out how to export him as a caracter into Iclone 7.
HOW do I do that? either I import him, cape and all into Iclone7 as a caracter, or, how do I select only the cape in 3DX pipeline, so I can send his cape as a loose object to Iclone 7 and make it into a soft cloth object there?

PLEASE REALLUSION:  SERIOUSLY NEED A NON T POSE STANDARD CARACTER! this is an insane route. How difficult could it be for you, Reallusion, to add 1 or 2 standard caracters in another pose?? would save me SO much headache.
please, anyone? can u help me out telling me how to get what I made into Iclone?

Adding a screenshot. Thanks,
Evey Fawkes
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4dbce8f2-1f25-4183-a345-f4b3.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by IamAnonymous
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I had difficulty finding this post after reading your PM to me, The reason that I couldn't find it - and most likely the reason that more users haven't tried to help with solving the issue is that you have posted in the CrazyTalk Forum. This whole discussion should have been started in the Character Creator area - best place would be the Technical Issues area. Very few CC users even bother looking in this area as there is almost nothing of interest for their skill here.

I'm no clothing expert as far as creating the stuff from scratch goes, so I can't be much help on the subject. Regarding getting stuff from 3DXchange to iClone, there are a whole bunch of tutorials available on the subject in the Reallusion YouTube channel
The least that you need to do is to convert your imported fbx character to a Non-Human, or Non-Standard. You can also export the cape alone as a Prop to iClone by selecting the mesh and then export only selected.

All of this is a bit much for a Forum post, but if you try and post in the correct Forum area I'm sure that some of the clothing experts will jump in with help.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
If you're using Blender, then you can actually set the character in any pose you want as a rest pose for rigging. As long as you do not zero out the joints, it will snap back to a T-pose in CC. You probably should not re-pose the pelvis/hips, but the arms, legs, torso, and head are fine. You may even be able to scale. I'm not sure if CC will reset the scale or not.

Setting a new rest pose in Blender.
https://nixart.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/modifying-the-rest-pose-in-blender/
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
IamAnonymous (8/1/2017)
Hi. I need a standard caracter that i can export in a neutral pose, and import back in. the darned T pose makes it impossible to make clothes that wrap around my caracters body, like a cloak. please anyone, point me to a standard caracter that I can use in blender and marvellous designer and send back again with the new clothes to Caracter Creator. To make decent pants or boots, he/she needs their legs to be slightly apart and arms DOWN the body.
I cant make a decent full body cape for my caracter V (as in V for Vendetta).
so pls pls pls. where/when can i get a standard fbx caracter in a neutral pose?? If Iclone doesnt have one, it needs to build us one.

In almost all 3D mesh editing programs (3ds MAX, Maya, Blender, etc), you can move the character into any pose you want by just selecting the bone and using the rotate tool.  That's how I and almost all other developers move arms, legs, feet, etc, to sculpt cloth mesh.  You can also create a pose in iClone, save it as a motion, add it to the character in 3dXchange and export the fbx to include the added animation. 

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
IamAnonymous (8/1/2017)
OH..... all this work. Have my V in 3dx pipeline, but no way I can figure out how to export him as a caracter into Iclone 7.
HOW do I do that? either I import him, cape and all into Iclone7 as a caracter, or, how do I select only the cape in 3DX pipeline, so I can send his cape as a loose object to Iclone 7 and make it into a soft cloth object there?

PLEASE REALLUSION:  SERIOUSLY NEED A NON T POSE STANDARD CARACTER! this is an insane route. How difficult could it be for you, Reallusion, to add 1 or 2 standard caracters in another pose?? would save me SO much headache.
please, anyone? can u help me out telling me how to get what I made into Iclone?

Adding a screenshot. Thanks,
Evey Fawkes

When you say, "bring it in as a "loose" item, do you mean as an accessory? If you want it as a clothing item in iClone (.iCloth)  then it must be skinned & have the vertices weighted BEFORE you bring it into 3dXchange; if you want it available in Character Creator as a clothing item (.ccCloth) then again, it must be skinned and vertices weighted and brought into CC (no need to use 3dXchange); if you want it available in CC as an accessory (.ccAccess), then you must link it in an external program to the appropriate bone and bring it into CC (no need for 3dXchange); you can also bring the item WITHOUT the character into 3dXchange as a PROP, then send to iClone as an .iProp & once in iClone, then attach it to the character in the modify panel selecting the appropriate bone which will convert it to an .iAccess (utilizing this method will make it unavailable for export into CC & because the vertices are not weighted to the character skeleton, it may not "behave" the way you desire). There are hundreds of tutorial videos available for rigging clothing for all of the 3D mesh editing programs out on the market.  Then there are tutorials on Reallusion for importing the rigged clothing into RL programs.

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Edited
7 Years Ago by GrannyJ
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
I had forgotten that the calibration animation that you can export with your CC character includes an A pose. Here it is in Blender. That may help you along the way.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/556ea88a-3e87-48d6-8a16-3e51.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a6dad68b-adf2-468a-9a9b-fcf2.jpg

Evey Fawkes
Evey Fawkes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank you all. still battling with it. will try all your tips.

Reading This Topic