[NEWS!] SIGGRAPH 2017 - FACEWARE UPDATE

Posted By Joe (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I think Reallusion would create an excellent self-produced product if they would do it by themselves, I do not doubt it!...  
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You're probably right, Tony, but I understand completely why they wouldn't want to invest a lot of programmer time for this until and unless they knew the market size.  Partnering with FW they will at least get a guesstimate and, who knows, perhaps they will also offer their own plug-in down the road.

I am awaiting with baited breath (but I can take a mint :>Wink to see what the "early bird special" price on this will be.  No one pays list price on anything anymore, so just because the announced price is $1200 doesn't mean RL will *ever* sell it at that price (has anyone here really bought iClone at list?  I didn't think so).  So you figure that "normally" they'll sell it perhaps bundled up so you can discount at least a few hundred off of it.  But the early bird price?  That could be as heavily discounted as 50%, although my gut tells me 40% if the max they will go.  If they can get the price *close* to $600 it will be a lot more palatable to those folks not making money from their animations.

Remember this, too -- as folks have noted here many times before, there aren't a whole lot of videos out there on the web that really show off what iClone can do other than in a "demo" mode.  The number of truly immersive things you can watch, those with a story that would be compelling even without quality animation, you can probably count on one hand.  The more of those things that proliferate the better RL will be, and getting this mocap software in the hands of as many as possible will facilitate that.  And that will NOT, by and large, come from those making games or VR stuff, but rather from the hobbyists that make up the core of RL's market.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
There was a combination of facial Mocap with CrazyTalk some years ago (it was never marketed in the US), but I don't know if that was their own or whether they used a third party product.

I think Mocap is pretty specialized and RL is not a huge company, so at the moment it's wise for them to look for external solutions.

Anyway, it's good to hear that they are doing so well at SIGGRAPH!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
For high accuracy and "Little Clean-Up:"...
....at the end of the day.... You're paying for (FW's) (High-End) algorithms.  (Analyzer & Retarget)

Special offer...you'll be lucky to get it for 1,000 usd.
Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
LP_movies/tvs
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
if it is in the $1000 can you guy set up a year or a two year plan  or a plan where you can pay off if you can pay for it all at once  it would help a lot of people 
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
lp_movies/tvs (8/4/2017)
if it is in the $1000 can you guy set up a year or a two year plan  or a plan where you can pay off if you can pay for it all at once  it would help a lot of people 

I totally agree with this, specially because since the orange nightmare took office my country's currency has gone Down the crapper, so even if it is heavily discounted i wojld still have to make the choice of eating or mocaping my hungry Face, installments for payment would be awesome
dr.zap
dr.zap
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
raxel_67 (8/5/2017)
lp_movies/tvs (8/4/2017)

I totally agree with this, specially because since the orange nightmare took office my country's currency has gone Down the crapper, so even if it is heavily discounted i wojld still have to make the choice of eating or mocaping my hungry Face, installments for payment would be awesome

LOL, you guys are joking right?  a two year plan?  Do you know how many times this software is likely to be updated in 2 whole years?  And I guess you want to keep the software while you're making payments right?  Because they can totally re-possess it if you stop paying.  They'll just send the repo man after youTongue...... But really, guys, I really don't think you have a handle on this software thing yet, but $1000 professional grade software on a 2 year plan is a hilarious idea.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Scuze me guys but I'm very confused of what  I saw on this thread and what I saw on the Faceware page pricing.
So can some one explain me what all of Faceware wrote on their site because English is not my mother language
and I think Google translate need more AI to be accurate.

First Faceware said:
Software Pricing   All of our software licenses require a simple flat license fee and annual support subscription.  There is no cost per second to use our software.

I understund that it is a permanent license and you  rent a support if you want for resolving issue , hotline,update , etc....

Am I wrong when I interpret this picture of faceware for Unreal Client???

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/793371d0-1e70-45dc-bd13-1938.jpg
Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Is this the same as the Facial Mocap with 'any webcam' that's supposed to be in 7.1?

If so, that's going to be way out of my price range. I had thought this was something that was just going to be included in 71 that they couldn't get working in 7.01. but now I suspect this is the 'required plugin' I've seen mentioned in the small print.

Someone tell me I'm wrong. please.....

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Don't shoot the messenger but, yes, this is indeed the facial mocap RL has promised for iClone for quite some time.

And, yes, the price is outrageous -- but according to the pro here that's seen it (and some scattered reports from Siggraph) this is supposed to be da bomb.  IOW, they did it better than anyone else, even the very $$$ high-end folks.  Of course, that's little solace to those of us who find the price unaffordable.

There's a *bit* of hope -- we know there is going to be an 'early bird" price, much as we get with a lot of things RL offers.  And Peter has hinted that it may well be affordable (I don't think he would have tantalized us with that hint unless it's a big discount -- IOW, my gut tells me that 40-50% off is not out of the question.  That *would* be in line with things RL has done in the past).

Admittedly, even $600 is a lot to ask for a plugin to a program that costs less than that.  But if it's truly an out-of-the-park experience, it may well be worth it.  OTOH, the closer the price comes to the list the less attractive it will be to a lot of us (the core of iClone users who have been asking for this for a long, long time).  In that case it will be a real slap in the face.

Let's wait a few weeks and see what happens.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic