Posted By race_34 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Importing facial mocap /exporting characters with rigged faces

Author
CaseClosed
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
freerange (8/10/2017)
 So the choice for users comes down to if you are willing to spend more up front to save money on the backend where it is often more expensive. In that case Xsens makes the most sense.

Thank you so much for your reply and for sharing your experience testing suits. Where can I find more about buying Xsense for Reallusion? In the store I assume?

freerange
freerange
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Like Faceware I don't think there is anything official outside of the initial SIGGRAPH announcement. I am assuming these will come with the 7.1 release as you need the python and QT support. Which is good as the curve editor will be very handy to have with these especially if it is scriptable for writing filters.

CaseClosed (8/10/2017)
freerange (8/10/2017)
 So the choice for users comes down to if you are willing to spend more up front to save money on the backend where it is often more expensive. In that case Xsens makes the most sense.

Thank you so much for your reply and for sharing your experience testing suits. Where can I find more about buying Xsense for Reallusion? In the store I assume?

Free Range
My IMDB
dr.zap
dr.zap
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
freerange (8/10/2017)
Very cool Dr. Zap. I help run a VR Platform company in China so I fully agree!

Awinda suit (fully wireless 60hz) runs around $7K USD and the Link suit is slightly more expensive wired nodes but runs at 120hz. I think It is like 8 or 9K USD.

for most indie folks and China folks Noitom is the way to go. We use them too, but they have serious QC issues and we had many part failures and you need to constantly calibrate, like every take. So most people but multiple suits and swap parts or whole suits when issues arise. We had 3 just to cover our bases.

To answer CaseClosed: Xsens suits are rock solid, highly reliable, very fast to calibrate and stay calibrated. What sets them apart from even other high end suits (We tested from companies like Synertial as well) is their algorithms for magnetic interference and drift which are serious issues for inertial capture. Xsens is the only solution we tested that was as accurate as optical capture, which is why the software typically costs significantly more than the hardware, but Reallusion users get the software for free. 

So the choice for users comes down to if you are willing to spend more up front to save money on the backend where it is often more expensive. In that case Xsens makes the most sense. Or if you are willing to really tough it out and when a part fails wait for shipment of replacement parts (they are very good about this but it is slow) then PN makes sense. Neuron suits also include hand tracking, though you will probably spend as much time cleaning it as you will just making a hand pose library in iClone and using that. The good news is you have choice. If you are choosing between the Kinect tracking and PN then definitely do not think about it and get the neuron suit. It is a million times better.

Yeah, I hear too many complaints about the Noitom suits.  They may be the cheapest suits out there, but after you figure in the costs and bother of the failures, calibration and cleanup, it turns out to be not so cheap.  I'm waiting for my wallet to get big enough (hopefully next month) and I will try the iKinema/Vive setup for almost the same price.  I'm really hoping that will be good enough because I really can't afford the Xsense options.
mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
This is a very old thread, but the original topic is one that I’m currently struggling with - importing custom facial animation to iClone.

The solutions provided by people were quite vague. I’ve tried using the Curve Editor to important facial animation data (blend shape keys from Maya) BUT the Curve Editor cannot seem to access Blendshapes at all.

Anyone actually able to get any of this to work?

It seems to me that 3dxchange doesn’t support blendshape keyframes animation at all (morph target animation). It only supports the individual blendshapes themselves, so you can setup characters with Blendshapes. But animation is entirely impossible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

Reading This Topic