Profile Picture

Can CrazyTalk Animator be utilized to add arms to a CrazyTalk 8 Talking Head?

Posted By BabarBeChillin 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can CrazyTalk Animator be utilized to add arms to a CrazyTalk 8...

Author
BabarBeChillin
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm a newbie here. I intend to use CrazyTalk 8 Pro to render animated cartoon characters lip-synching to vocal tracks (music). I will export these characters individually to a 3rd party compositing software synched to an audio track. I'm wondering if I can use CrazyTalk Animator 3 to seamlessly add arms to each of these CrazyTalk 8 talking heads so as to make it look like each character is handling objects. I'm not asking if CrazyTalk 8 Pro and CrazyTalk Animator 3 can be utilized in conjunction with one another, but rather, can I export finished arm movements from CrazyTalk Animator 3 to my third-party compositing software, and blend/match those arms into each character for the final video. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
It certainly feasible but would involve quite a lot of trial and error to get all the alignment right.

A much easier option would be to do all the work in CrazyTalk Animator 3 to start with. CTA3 has the same 2D head creations options as CrazyTalk 8 so you could setup the character all in one go and have the arms animate while the character talks. The results you get will most likely be much better than trying to overlay content from two different programs.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BabarBeChillin
BabarBeChillin
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)Senior Member (314 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you Peter. Are you saying that the lip-syncing and controls in CrazyTalk Animator 3 are equal to CrazyTalk 8 Pro? It seemed to me that there was a lot of nuance and detail in CrazyTalk 8 Pro's facial controls versus CTA3 which seemed more basic. My primary objective is seamless, totally believable lip-sync from my animated characters. The arm movements are a secondary concern. 

Reading This Topic