Come Join Us At SIGGRAPH 2017

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago

Hi Everyone!!

We are really excited to let you know you that Reallusion will once again be at SIGGRAPH this year, and we invite you to visit our Booth (# 1219) on August 1st - 3rd, at the Los Angeles Convention Center. 
This year we will have lots of cool stuff to share with all of you including:

1. iClone 7 - See the amazing new features showcased live.
2. Facial & Full Body Mocap using FACEWARE and XSENS

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/399c2b62-63ba-4cb7-8b1f-e0a3.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/38a4d6ff-618c-4539-bd1a-b692.png

So mark your calendars and come visit Reallusion in Los Angeles! 

This year you can enter the exhibition with our VIP code: RLICLONE 
VIP code is for complimentary Exhibits Only Passes!

We hope to see you there! Smile

Note: There is some updates regarding Faceware, please visit HERE for more details.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
7 Years Ago by Joe (RL)
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Wish I could be there (when I worked in the industry it was one of the highlights of the year -- particularly the after hours parties :>Wink.

Sadly, those days are long past.  Have a good time, though (really excited to see the Faceware stuff -- perhaps there will be some videos posted here).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 52 minutes ago
XSENS ?????  
Isn't it in the same buisness like Noitom ??  Ermm  
Should we expect an announcement ???  
Can't wait to see that!!
By the way , if you can show some particles work in progress...  Tongue

freerange
freerange
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Will definitely be there and hanging out with the RL folks as much as I can. John and Jimmy better be taking good care of my Xsens suit, haha.

Xsens is similar to the PN suit, but their software and reliability are leagues better. They have REALLY good magnetic interference correction so I can get out of my chair run out of my house and down the street and come back and sit in the chair and hit the mark. PN you are recalibrating pretty much every take and even then it has drift issues. Xsens is the go to suits, I use the fully wireless Awinda suits, for intertial capture for film and TV. We tested a TON of mocap systems and settled on Xsens. That said Xsens is in a whole different ballgame when it comes to cost. You are more in the ballpark of low cost optical capture than low cost intertial suits. Most of the cost is the software license. Xsens is also better support in various software since it is used so much so you have a lot of solution options depending on your needs. If you are using Xsens you are doing professional work so the suit pays for itself over time and you are not fighting with it on set which is embarrasing. It is dead reliable. Xsens is body only and does not do fingers or palms only hand position.

For most users PN is great bang for buck and all it's quirks and foibles are made up in low low cost. Plus it includes hands which actually work as well as some $20K glove systems I have tested. 

The good news is you now have choice and that shows a possible willingness to open up to more capture solutions in the future including other low cost ones and more professional ones. 

It also shows that Reallusion is going to have a sweet demo with face and body capture using professional tools that will hopefully capture the attention of those who would normally not give iClone a second look.

Free Range
My IMDB
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Xsens is similar to the PN suit, but their software and reliability are leagues better

I really really hope that  13 000$ for one suit give good result. I'm just curious if Reallusion planned to make a Xsense plugin....

You are more in the ballpark of low cost optical capture than low cost intertial suits

Maybe , but you need empty space to not blind camera. Neuron can be used outside , everywhere in a simple manner.

I'm just little bit nervous about the Reallusion direction with Xsense price range. I hope I have not to do a paralell with faceware price range...Ermm
As an Indy producer I can pay the same price as a Neuron suit .
freerange
freerange
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
The plugins don't raise the price of iClone. They are a separate purchase. With scripting support adding 3rd party integration is much easier.

So as an indie developer you have the choice to select the solutions that fit you budget and needs. No one who does not have revenue to cover the cost would pick an Xsens as MVN Pro license is $20k on top of the suit cost. But if you are on set with a crew and they are standing around waiting for you to troubleshoot a neuron suit that is acting up or having to recalibrate constantly taking the actor out of the moment you are more than burned through the gear costs and they will think twice before hiring you again. If you show up, suit up and calibrate talent in less than 15 min and every take looks great and clean without recalibration breaks then they will pay you enough that the suit pays for itself.

Bonus if you are doing body and face and it works reliably.

I like Perception Neuron, we have 3 to cover spare bits. But using an Xsens suit is a whole different experience, we also have 3 Awinda suits. PN were for testing and Xsens are the production suits.

The short of it is if Xsens and Faceware are not in budget then don't buy those solutions as you have options including just hand animating and saving on buying anything extra.

Free Range
My IMDB
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Faceware are not in budget then don't buy those solutions

Seriously???? I waited and support Reallusion 4 years for that. That's clearly the last thing I want to read and hear. I really want you're wrong with Faceware.
I saw on their site that a one UDK seat is 1500$. I can deal with that. I don't know who you are but I think you know some informations that we want to know....
I hpe too that we'll  have more info about pricing at the Siggraph Demo.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

But if you are on set with a crew and they are standing around waiting for you to troubleshoot a neuron suit that is acting up or having to recalibrate constantly taking the actor out of the moment you are more than burned through the gear costs and they will think twice before hiring you again

And you don't use Iclone for this tasks. Because for now, Iclone have to be improved in the broadcast field. Using Indie tools in big productions is murderer for your reputation.
dwacon
dwacon
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I clicked the link in the email for a FREE ticket.  I landed here, but don't see how to get the ticket.

Atomic Skeletons
[url=http://amzn.to/2zZ3md9]Queer Steer[/url]
Black Larry David

Galactic Blitz
Birthday Movie

dr.zap
dr.zap
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)Veteran Member (827 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm going all in with iKinema's Orion and HTC Vive.  I loved what I saw with the demos and it looks like it's possible to do hand mocap as well (you can add extra sensors).  iKinema says they will offer ways for iClone can access the data in the future which is encouraging but I can use the fbx data the software provides now.  At $450 or so + the cost of the Vive, this quality is really a bargain.  The only thing I dislike is being confined to a 13 x 13' space.

Reading This Topic