What's New in iClone 7.01

Posted By Peter (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I don't know if this will help folks, but I found I could not start iClone 7 after all this shenanigans with the different patches.  Here's what happens, I do believe -- if ALL the programs aren't up to date RL has every one of them check first to see if there are any updates available.  This is all well and good MOST of the time, but if you aren't connected to the internet, or if you have JUST installed one patch but not rebooted, or if you haven't gotten ALL the patches installed you need then things will hang up.  

In my case I couldn't run either iC7 or CC, but I WAS able to start XChange, when then told me that CC needed an update (which is why neither iC7 nor CC itself would start).  So I update CC but then I also had to reboot (because iC7 STILL wouldn't start).  After reboot all was well.

I think there's a bug in the 64 bit programs -- XChange always seems to work, and it's a good go-to to check if you need updates.  RL should address this but I suspect it will be hard to duplicate (and I ain't gonna muck my system up to see how to do so :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
mariusjensen01 (7/18/2017)
Something wrong with the installer? After update, I can not open ic7. What should I do?
Windows could not access the used device, path or file ......https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8db40256-9ec9-4783-bfbb-0c06.jpg

Sorry to hear you have encountered problems. I haven't been able to find a problem with the installer.

Can you translate the error message into English for me? Also which update method did you use so we can check it? Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

vidi (7/18/2017)
I check update with  iClone 7 Splash screen I can download the patch
,but then  the install exe of this patch can not find iC7 on my computer Blink and I can only cancel.
very strange !
How can I update now ?

Hi Vidi,

Sorry to hear you are also having problems. It may be a registry issue.

If you go to Help > Check For Update in iClone 7 does it correctly identify your current version?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mariusjensen01
mariusjensen01
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I made a completely normal update. During that process, it stopped and a sign came up (could not find iclone7.exe, modify or something similar (I can not remember the exact words)) with the following options: interrupt, retry, or ignore. I chose to ignore and the process continued and eventually told me that I had successfully updated the program. But now I can not start ic7. (I do not have rights to access iclone7.exe now and I'm afraid I can not even uninstall the program and reinstall)
mariusjensen01
mariusjensen01
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)

Sorry i have written "iclone7.exe". It is of course "iClone.exe".
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mariusjensen01 (7/19/2017)
I made a completely normal update. During that process, it stopped and a sign came up (could not find iclone7.exe, modify or something similar (I can not remember the exact words)) with the following options: interrupt, retry, or ignore. I chose to ignore and the process continued and eventually told me that I had successfully updated the program. But now I can not start ic7. (I do not have rights to access iclone7.exe now and I'm afraid I can not even uninstall the program and reinstall)

Have you tried right clicking the iClone 7 icon and selected "Run As Administrator"? If it is an access issue then this may allow iClone 7 to start. Do also ensure you are using an Administrator account if you are trying to uninstall. If you continue to have problems, please contact us using the link below and we can provide you with a registry cleaner. That should allow you to reinstall iClone 7.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mariusjensen01
mariusjensen01
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Yes, nevertheless nothing happens. I have now contacted customer support"Have you tried right clicking the iClone 7 icon and selected "Run As Administrator"? 
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
If you go to Help > Check For Update in iClone 7 does it correctly identify your current version?

it linked me to the download site . It show me wich
currently used Version is installed and wich is new to download .After download, I start the exe and I get the error message, iC7 not found on PC .

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

WillFl
WillFl
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
IC7.01 is crashing every time I try to preview or record mocap using the Perception Neuron Duo plugin 
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Today I have uninstalled IC7 and 3DXChange7 early access and beta versions, and installed the final versions. After installing, Reallusion Live Updates wants to install updates for both programs. It downloads the patches, and the keeps displaying that it's "Installing" forever, but does nothing. I have closed and let it start over, but it keeps getting stuck at "Installing", doing nothing. I first set it "Update All", and later just the first item on the list, but it gets stuck no matter what I select. Actually installation never starts. What can I do?

Reading This Topic