Profile Picture

How do i get my custom character from Maya to iClone without having to go through face setup each...

Posted By naaffax 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How do i get my custom character from Maya to iClone without having to...

Author
naaffax
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have created my own character using Autodesk Maya and used the HIK system to rig the character. I can successfully import it into 3DXchange and easily convert it to non Non-Standard character and use the preset to load the Maya Human IK system which automatically loads all the bones perfectly.
Then Next I get out after clicking convert and now the Expression Editor is active. I go through the tedious process of adjusting all the facial expressions including the Viseme, jaw movement, eyebrow, and eyes and everything. Since they are all blend shapes I have to adjust them accordingly.I save the profile so that the next time I can easily load the profile and it will load. Then i export it as iClone character into iClone and test out the face and body animation and works great.

This is all great but the character I created is unfortunately NAKED. And I want to be able to change the clothing to dfferent clothes. I go back into 3DXchange and export the character as an FBX file and import into Autodesk Maya. Then I add clothes and rig it to the mesh as a new skin there by keeping the body rigged and the clothes rigged on top of it. Now I re-export it as FBX file and import it into 3DXchange. I again go through the same process of converting into Non-Stndard character load the same Maya Human IK system and after dong it I get the Expression Editor active. I go into the Expression Editor to find that all my previously done work on jaw, viseme mouth eyebrow and everyting gone. I try to load the profile which i saved earlier and it does not load. I guess it is because it is seeing that the new character vertices have changed since I rigged the clothes as well to the body. I have attached a screenshot of the error.

I hope someone who has knowledge of achieving what I want to achieve can guide me in the right direction. I just want to be able to use my custom character and be able to change the clothes as I please without having to go through the processo of facial expressions each and every time.

Many thanks to everyone who try to help.

Feel free to ask anything or any additional information and I will post it.
Attachments
1.jpg (197 views, 360.00 KB)
naaffax
naaffax
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)Senior Member (428 reputation)

Anybody please? hope someone can give a solution! Many have viewed this post but lacked the capacity to give an answer.
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
3dxchange's "Expression Editor Profiles" saves bone transform data.... not vertex values.
This requires RL support. Send them a kite.

Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 14 minutes ago
The error message explains it. Blendshapes require the number and order of vertices to stay the same, so if clothes become part of the body mesh, something has changed in that regard and the morph can no longer be applied. There is no way around that.

Hopefully someone with more expertise will have a solution. I don't work with external characters so I wouldn't know. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

naaffax
naaffax
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

thank you for the response. So I guess I will have to work the long way around it until Realusion comes up with a way.

Reading This Topic