Profile Picture

Crazy talk - front and side profile images - do they have to be very close in size

Posted By rampart 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Crazy talk - front and side profile images - do they have to be very...

Author
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
If I must have a same size photo image front and side view  I would appreciate to know this.

I used CT 8 early release and it was extremely difficult doing 3d character heads.

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago
It isn't much easier, but yes, it really helps if the images are similar in size.  But even more importantly, they need to be shot correctly (which is to say, same lighting, a *real* profile and front face, not some 3/4 or "sort of" profile).

With quality shots you take yourself you can get excellent results.  But garbage in, garbage out.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I appreciate the response.  I spent couple hours messing with it last night.  I finally gave it up.  The tweaking takes the patience of JOB.

I spent over 3 hours and gave it up.  I think trying to make people look-a-likes is pretty well not gonna happen.

The side profile is very difficult and inconsistent working with the dots and drag and drop.

There has to be a better way, CT 8.1 isn't it. LOL

I can make it work for CC heads as long as I don't try to copy real people.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago
I actually *have* gotten good results, but it's definitely more an art than a science.

One thing is for the side view you need to eyeball it and not follow the guides they show.  IOW, don't just move the dots as they would have you do, but watch how the head looks and tailor it accordingly.  Plus you really don't need to sculpt the side of the head -- that extra texture is useful to get a good face map, but you can get just as good results by using the sliders and then polishing up in CC.

The key is to keep the overall view in mind -- you also need to understand that however it looks in CT it will NOT look that way in CC or iClone (so, again, you need to keep your eye on the overall workflow and not get bogged down in details).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic