Just Wondering

Posted By william.carey30 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Believe it or not I own Perception Neuron Mocap, which I have not fully utilized yet. Sure, it is good for simple things.
But my problem was working with clips more complex, than conversation.
I watched all possible tutorials, tried whole lot of different workarounds, tricks and ended up with a lousy transition. 
Maybe with curve editor it would be a different ball game. Shall live to see.

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

4u2ges (7/13/2017)
Believe it or not I own Perception Neuron Mocap, which I have not fully utilized yet. Sure, it is good for simple things.
But my problem was working with clips more complex, than conversation.
I watched all possible tutorials, tried whole lot of different workarounds, tricks and ended up with a lousy transition. 
Maybe with curve editor it would be a different ball game. Shall live to see.

Instead of looking for workarounds  and tricks.... do you know how to get great transitions (using a Curve Editor)?
"A Curve Editor will not fix mocap transition problems."
(Where the feet and root pivots are not the same.)

Here is the same problem....
As iClone users gain tool experience.... there needs change.
I spent 2 hours the other day trying to make a smooth transition between 2 clips.
We the armatures have to sit and wait for someone with great deal of experience to come up with a workaround for us? I just hate the word "workaround". Really!
Not a fine morning for me I suppose... need some coffee.

Transition Blending mocap:
Scrub the animation of the first motion and stop where the (Lead Foot) is "Flat."
1. Pin (the Lead) "Foot" of this motion.

Scrub the animation of the second clip and stop where the (Rear Foot) is "Flat."
2. Pin (the Rear) "Foot" of this motion.

3.Slide the (Skeleton's Root) of the first motion to the second skeleton's pivot.

Until you can do this.... there is no work-a-round that produces "Good Results."
...you splice both clips... blend.
Flip a coin.

"Feedback Traker"

JaffaDave...Once the curve editor drops i'm one very happy camper

iCloners will finally enjoy x,y,z tracks and learn how the keys accurately adjust motion.

...Then there needs will increase... (Change)... and they'll want to do more.
1.Interchange "Controllers".
2. Interchange "Modifiers" on the x,y,z tracks.

Feedback Tracker.

Edited
7 Years Ago by but0fc0ursee
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The "secret sauce" is Ikinema Webanimate... the ACP (advanced 'smoothing') feature is worth the price alone.  You also get easy retargeting, animation blending - ability to clean up sliding feet!  It's an amazing tool.  It was initially released at 'yearly' fee, but I guess that didn't work for them so now you can buy the software outright for 99 pounds sterling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY9oPigVQRs

14 day free trial... 
https://www.ikinema.com/webanimate
but0fc0ursee
but0fc0ursee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
illusionLAB (7/13/2017)
The "secret sauce" is Ikinema Webanimate... the ACP (advanced 'smoothing') feature is worth the price alone.  You also get easy retargeting, animation blending - ability to clean up sliding feet!  It's an amazing tool.

Great solution for users with no time or interests in learning how to do it themselves.
iClone WILL have the tools to do this. (one day).

It was initially released at 'yearly' fee, but I guess that didn't work for them...

Easy to see why users won't spend (Yearly) to do this.

so now you can buy the software outright for 99 pounds sterling.

As kellytoons said,
Kellytoons, ...decide what your needs are and then get the tools to do what you want.

thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Kellytoons,
Are you mocaping with a Kinect?  Could you possibly share the results?  You might be the first IC user to say that the Kinect gives adequate results.  I watched many of the Mocap Kinect videos and never saw anyone get good clean results that they were happy with.  I would love to have a Noitom suit but I would also love to have an extra 1500$ lying about.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
@Thebiz

Can you show us what kind of result do you expect? Not your work but a mocap you saw anywhere you want to reach. I think 
it will be easier to help you if it's possible or not.
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi mtakerkart,
The mocap I've seen from the Noitom suits look great to me but its an expensive alternative.  I seem to remember Jason Brown (I think that was his name) doing some pretty good work with the Kinect but really having to put a lot of work into smoothing and editing the results.  Im not interested in having to do excessive post work to make mocap an option.  Also please note that the dissatisfaction of the kinect results was often noted by the kinect users themselves.  So in regard to my expectations, I would expect to hear Kinect users being satisfied, which I did not (and hence my question to Kellytoon).  Otherwise, the results I expect should be like the motions that RL sells on the content store.

Are you also mocapping with a Kinect mtakerkart?  And are you satisfied with the results?  Perhaps my perception is wrong...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Edited
7 Years Ago by thebiz.movies
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

thebiz.movies (7/13/2017)
Kellytoons,
Are you mocaping with a Kinect?  Could you possibly share the results?  You might be the first IC user to say that the Kinect gives adequate results.  I watched many of the Mocap Kinect videos and never saw anyone get good clean results that they were happy with.  I would love to have a Noitom suit but I would also love to have an extra 1500$ lying about.

I would strongly suggest you visit the iPisoft web site (google it and it's the first thing that comes up).  They have many examples there to show you what you can achieve.  I have two Kinects and actually bought their "basic" but nowadays I just use the one (so you only need the "Express" or whatever it's called).  It's like $99 for a year, but they always have three year discounts, so you can actually buy it for around $70 or so a year, which is a real steal.

I have three different Kinect mocap software, and the iPisoft is the only one that works well, and is easy to use.  (I have RL's plugin as well as Brekel and neither one is worth even a dollar).  The iPisoft, even with one Kinect, can do excellent captures with feet firmly planted and even arm exclusions (which others have problems with).  Their cleanup software is superb, taking all the jitter out (again, look at their examples on their site).  The two Kinect version is a bit better for fast turns, but it's such a PITA to calibrate and setup compared to the single Kinect one that I seldom use it.  (You calibrate the single one by simply taking a t-pose -- the multiple one requires more than one computer and a bit more effort, which I kind of hate).  The single Kinect version works fine as long as you don't turn quickly (and won't have any issues if you don't turn at all).

If you have a Kinect they offer a free demo which will answer all your questions and is well worth the time to check out.  Otherwise, if you are on the fence about buying a Kinect and want to see a specific motion, let me know and I'll do my best to perform and show you.  From standing start to having the motion in iClone it rarely takes more more than 20 minutes, even for complicated long form stuff (60 seconds or so).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Thank you but0fc0ursee for the workaround and illusionLAB for the tip. Will look into it.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
@Thebiz

Unfortunarely I didn't use the kinect mocap. I have only the Neuron mocap. I have  result  i'm expected for the price and 
time consuming. I'm pretty shure that RL mocap from the content store are edited in motion builder for cleaning and precision Wink

Reading This Topic