Profile Picture

Anybody here owns Iclone 7 and one of these packs (monster workshop or Toonmaker 1 or toonmaker 2)?...

Posted By Jfrog 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Anybody here owns Iclone 7 and one of these packs (monster workshop...

Author
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
If you have Iclone 7 and one of these add-ons (monster workshop or Toonmaker 1 or toonmaker 2), would it be possible to check if you can use the avatar controller 2 (face expression control select) without any problem.  I have some serious screen flickering and would like some feedback from other users. At the moment Reallusion haven't been able to reproduce the problem and I am in desperate need to have this problem solved.

Thank you very much for taking the time to test this.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I have them and I'll have a look (haven't installed them for IC7 yet).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Had to re-download as no install files on this PC.

So I tried with Toon Maker 2 and I do not experience any screen flickering.

I'm running Windows 10 with a GTX 1080 GPU; drivers are 382.53 (latest are 384.76).

I have had display problems caused by a specific driver version. Usually the latest is the best but not always.

I will report if I find problems while testing further.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I have all three but I hate to tell you I've never used them (back in the day I bought a ton of things I've never used).

But I'm not sure what you want tested.  Do you mean face key?  Or face puppet?  When I do a face key for emotions, they seem to work fine for Toonmaker 1 and 2, although I see no eyes on either one (I suspect I don't know what I'm doing, though).  Monster maker doesn't respond at all, no flicker, but no movement (not even face puppet).  Good thing I've decided I don't need to use these (lol).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelley: the characters in these packs are controlled using a separate Avatar Controller.

I tried this for one of the monsters and there is indeed a problem when using expressions; the mesh explodes:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0f15e101-e5c1-4f0d-b159-9573.png

The way it is supposed to look is like this (using IC6):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/78bc317d-731b-4df0-967f-a75e.png

Looks like an issue to me.

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I did a little video of the effect in IC7. I'm just varying the expressions with the mouse using the Avatar Controller.

It hurts the eyes...Blink

Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you so much KellyToon and Animagic for taking the time to test this for me.   I am glad that there is indeed a problem. I also had a confirmation that Reallusion was able to recreate the problem. They are looking into it and should fix it in the next release. Hopefully it will be fast enough so I don't have to get back to v6.

Thanks again, it is appreciated!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

Andy the Rock Skipper
Andy the Rock Skipper
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)Junior Member (103 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It would be nice with a Creature Creator that is REALISTIC, that works like CC plug-in, with skin, eyes, teeth, resize body portions. realistic fur types, feathers, scales and all the current motion features that are found in iClone 7 including facial animation. A selection of bone structures. One wants to create realistic dogs to dinosaurs to birds. Accessories could be horns, spiked back parts, wings, flex ears, nose types, etc. The old 4.3 iClone animals just don't cut the mustard these days. How about a Crazy talk 8 feature that I could take a front and side picture of my dog and make his head, with fur!

Reading This Topic