Profile Picture

iClone 7 crashes instantly when I try to connect my Perception Neuron suit via the plugin

Posted By modernstoryteller 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 7 crashes instantly when I try to connect my Perception Neuron...

Author
modernstoryteller
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've reported this in the feedback tracker here.

I have up-to-date copies of iClone 7 (7.0.619) and the Perception Neuron Plug-in. I ran Axis Neuron (current version, 3.6.32), setup my suit, then loaded iClone 7 and ran the Perception Neuron Plug-in. As soon as I click "connect" iClone 7 crashes to desktop without warning.

I've tried:
1. reinstalling iClone 7
2. reinstalling the Perception Neuron Plug-in.
Nothing has fixed it.

If I run the plugin and click "connect" when the suit isn't connected, I get a pop-up message saying "Connection to the Axis Neuron server failed." But it doesn't crash.

This is holding up production of a game with some funding deadlines looming on 6 July 2017, so a swift response would be appreciated.
Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I just bought two systems and done many tests the last 3 days.  Are you using the pro version of Axis neutron? Because I am using 3.8.42.6543 and Iclone 7 and I don't have this issue. IClone 7 seems pretty stable.

I have other issue with the neutron systems but I will post them on a different thread since its not clone 7 related.

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Not sure if this will help since I haven't tried it with iClone 7 yet only 6. I was having crashes early in iClone 6 when I wasn't using the latest Pro Version of Axis Neuron. So that is step one to make sure you have it installed. It sounds like you are opening from the plug-in area in the menu, that's essential as well and caused me crahes when I didn't open from the plug-in area. The other thing I can think of is I did have some issues because I had a Kinect driver installed. When I installed iClone on another machine without installing Kinect plug-in it worked like a charm. I guess there was some sort of conflict. Hopefully you get things sorted out in time for your deadline! If the suit is working, you can always resort to saving the animations in Axis Neuron then importing to iclone via BVH. I know it's a pain... I had to do this for one project where I had a weekend deadline. It was the only way I was able to finish on time. So at least you have a back up if you suit is working. Best of luck!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Reading This Topic