A couple questions from a returning user

Posted By Jman64 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jman64
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)Veteran Member (539 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

I started with iClone I think with version 2.5 on through v5. I was a hobby user with limited knowledge of the program. I've recently upgraded to IC7, and am looking to get more serious with my understanding of the program, and what I can do with it.  I'm actually looking to use to do some pre-vis work, and concept stuff to use to try and secure funding for a couple actual films I'm trying to make.

Both my questions are physics based.

1) Is it possible to set a character up in a "rag doll" mode?  For instance a character that is hung upside down by their feet,  is it possible to move the chain they are hung by and have the limbs and body sway with the movement, or would this have to be animated conventionally?

2) Breast spring settings. I know how to set up the best bones to enable the "spring" effects, but have not been able to find a setting that seems to work well. If I go with the default values it seems to work ok for animations that are fairly tame in nature. However if you go to a very active motion like a dance or combat action the movement becomes comical, with the breasts deforming to laughable proportions, and bouncing around at an exaggerated amount. Is there a setting that will work reasonably well for both, or will I need different copies with different settings for different animation types?

Thanks for any information!

Reading This Topic