Justaviking's iClone 7 corner

Posted By justaviking 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
POOF!!TongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
mark (1/20/2018)
POOF!!TongueTongueTongue

We're not as sharp anymore. I was fooled too..Blush

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Also, with that out of the way, we can perhaps return to this interesting conversation...Cool

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (1/21/2018)
Also, with that out of the way, we can perhaps return to this interesting conversation...Cool

So... does anyone else have any "Animating to a script" stories to share?

Successes... failures... challenges... lessons learned... amusing anecdotes... useful tips...  questions???

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Not yet but hopefully I will have one soon.
Thanks to all the comments made by so many people in the 2 threads involved in this, the things I have been reading about over several years for making interresting stories and using animation sound and graphics to assist the story telling are all starting to make sense to me. I have come up with a basic script that I think will be an interesting short story that will show some capabilities of the new popcorn magic partical effects as well as some of the original partical effects. I'm hoping it will only take me a few weeks to complete it but it remains to be seen if I will be good enough to make it well

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
A few years back doing some 2D-art, messing around for a laugh I sent a 1 page comic to a group of friends, one of which who actually draws and does 2D art work for a living also. 
He told me that I had jumped right in to the characters to soon, and that I should always open with a description of the environment to bring the reader in to the setting (i.e. a pic of the environment scene...). 
Whether it's true or not I don't know, but I had never considered it.

Also, GIFs are terribly fun to watch....LOL...so much for script!

-Regards all!
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
TonyDPrime (1/22/2018)
A few years back doing some 2D-art, messing around for a laugh I sent a 1 page comic to a group of friends, one of which who actually draws and does 2D art work for a living also. 
He told me that I had jumped right in to the characters to soon, and that I should always open with a description of the environment to bring the reader in to the setting (i.e. a pic of the environment scene...).

I guess that's why we keep seeing "establishing shots" in movies.
Although, in a "1 page comic," I don't know how much time you have for establishment of environment and characters.  Unsure

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
justaviking (1/22/2018)
TonyDPrime (1/22/2018)

I guess that's why we keep seeing "establishing shots" in movies.
Although, in a "1 page comic," I don't know how much time you have for establishment of environment and characters.  Unsure

I know, right!??
Although there was! 
The first panel!
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 36 minutes ago
justaviking (1/22/2018)
animagic (1/21/2018)

So... does anyone else have any "Animating to a script" stories to share?

Successes... failures... challenges... lessons learned... amusing anecdotes... useful tips...  questions???

Pinhead springs to mind. Smile

The Trailers/Teasers for Mystery Manor (2007-25 mins.), Pinhead's Wish (2012-14:30 mins.) and Kidnapped (2014-8:30 mins.) were animated by Alley and myself, and the scripts and story boards were provided by Brian.  while Joe mainly did the credits and some imagery.

The first issue to be dealt with was the locations of the 4 and their Time zones. me in Germany, Alley in Canada, Joe in Chicago and Brian in California. Getting together for a Skype wasn't entering in to the equation, so that meant mails, mails and even more mails.

It also meant that Alley and I had to constantly upload/download project files, props etc. and this became major issue Nr.2. iClone is not designed for easy cooperation work. Each and every person working on a project needs to own every asset involved in order to even be able to render out a draft video clip for proofing by others. For this reason we were forced to use mostly default assets and assets obtained as freebies or converted through 3DXchange, although we did end up having to both purchase several items for the projects.

Mystery Manor was produced in 2007 using iClone 2.0/2.5 and had a running time of 25 mins. including credits, and we were both very happy that 3DXchange 1.0 had been released before we started work.

The voice talents all came from members of the unfortunately now defunct Video Friends Forum - VFF. The script/story board provided by Brian was, to say the least, visually complicated and we had to remind him that we weren't using the same resources as I L&M - a situation that repeated itself in the following projects.

Alley and I did some rough setups before we got the final voice files, and that's when things REALLY started to nudge me to asking questions such as "Why are you doing this to yourself, you're a sane person?", "This isn't going to work, when are you going to admit it and give up?"

We are talking iClone 2.0/2.5 that had just added Clone Cloth, talking Avatars and Linkage between Objects and Characters. Animating Characters, sliding feet and all, still was a very difficult task, and the amount of usable motion file was at a very minimum for what we needed. Putting a 25 min. video together was still a very daunting adventure that, IMHO, worked very well in the end.

There was much tearing of hair and a fair amount of frustration on my part during the production, but with a lot of visual "tricks", and a minimum of SFX we ended up not only with what Brian had expected, but with something that was in the end a great learning experience for all involved.

Alley was the driving force during the production, and she was never lost in finding a solution to a supposed impossible task. She was also able to "sell" Brian small changes to the story board when we just knew that it wasn't going to happen in iClone as it was at that time.

In all the 3 productions demonstrated not only the difficulties of having a very small team doing everything, but also offered each of us the possibility to "Go the Mile" with what we had at hand and make it work.

I can imagine just what we could have done with "Mystery Manor" in iClone 7 - I still have all my old project/prop/avatar files, who knows. SmileWhistling

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I had to animate to a script for this commercial project last year. Very simple as you can see...but they did allow me a little creative freedom to add some silly touches of my own...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic