Justaviking's iClone 7 corner

Posted By justaviking 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I was doing some cleaning out of various beta s/w and stuff, and now have two dumb installation questions...

3DXchange complains about needing to install iClone 7:
- I uninstalled an older version of iC7 first, then installed the latest release of iC7
- Then uninstalled my 3DXchange and installed the newest 3DXchange
- So why would it complain about not having iC7 installed?

My Pirate Lady is missing:
- After doing the above, I also uninstalled and then installed the latest cut of CC2
- I thought I installed all the iC7 "content" stuff, but I'm not finding the pirate lady (I know I had her on my system once)
- Did I miss something?  (Obviously, I guess.  I just don't remember where/how she showed up.)

Yes, you might accuse me of being a bit lazy.  I just did this for the iClone suite and THREE other suites of authoring software.  It was surprisingly exhausting keeping track of all the downloads, uninstalls, installs, patches, and on and on.

I will look around again for the Pirate Lady, and probably reinstall iClone 7 again.  Maybe a good solid reboot will help too, now that some of the dust is settling.  Maybe a cup of coffee and a cookie would help.  But any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 27 minutes ago
Many people have gotten 3DX to stop saying that by re-installing iClone after 3DX is installed. Go figure! Wink

Check for pirate lady in your order history in your RL account. She seems to go missing a lot.
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
There was a RLHumanCore.dll  I believe that was required and if I recall doing it the way you have might have taken it out.
I would suggest uninstall all.
Install ic7
reboot
install cc2
reboot
install 3dx change reboot.
I am sure if you search it is mentioned somewhere.
Hope this helps you out I know reinstalling can be a right pain.

Edit
This is what I was referring to it is in the comments replies on the feedback tracker
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Unexpected-message-Please-install-iClone-7-first-at-startup

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
7 Years Ago by duchess110
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Thanks, Duchess.

I think that's it exactly; I unisntalled 3DX beta after installing iC7.
If I had done all the uninstalls first, then all the installs, it would probably have been clean.

I'll just reinstall iC7; that sounds like it will fix it, per the notes in Feedback Tracker.

UPDATE:
Yup, that's all it needed... uninstall and reinstall iC7.
I was concerned about going in circles, with 3DXchange wanting iC7 installed first as a prerequisite.  At least it's been that way in the past.
After verifying 3DXchange no longer complains, I installed the iC7 Resource Pack for extra fun.
Now to finish tracking down my missing pirate.
Thanks again.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
The Lady Pirate was provided as a CC character, and an iClone character, only to those who purchased the Early Access packet. Sometime during the EA testing she turned up in a Resource Pack update, but only as an iAvatar. She was not included in the final public release of either iClone or CC.

Many assets that were provided for testing during both the Beta and EA phases were also not included in the final releases, SadCrying but if you made a Backup of all the resources then just copy the missing items over to the final version. WhistlingWink

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, Gerry.  I was thinking along those lines.

I'm pretty sure I did have her on my system for a while, but when I noticed she was gone, I was having trouble finding exactly where (which build or email) she came from.  It's not a big deal, as I wasn't planning a major "lady pirate" movie, but I noticed her absence and it made me curious, and it's always nice to have everything, and I hate losing stuff that way..  My "uninstall" may have wiped her out (though I did a nice backup first).

I've got so many irons in the fire right now, I'll just have to see if my curiosity (and the challenge of restoring her) get me sufficiently motivated.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

SIGGRAPH 2017 --- Wow!

I was watching through this playlist.  Lots of "simulation" stuff that doesn't direclty apply to iClone.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHFiqDkNCp1gaKu4HQwL9-S3eIDmAHIUw

MOST OF ALL FOR ICLONE USERS (so far)...
Wow!!! - check out this character control (walking/running) neural network.
As someone who has always been vexed by foot-sliding in iClone, I was very impressed.
And then at 4:19... Wow! again... he "naturally" spread out his hands for balance.
Wow!
https://youtu.be/Ul0Gilv5wvY?list=PLHFiqDkNCp1gaKu4HQwL9-S3eIDmAHIUw

I saw another really cool "walking" video from last year (SIGGRAPH, I think).  I see them and dream of them being in iClone.  Maybe some day (hopefully for far less than $1200 though).

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 27 minutes ago
The source code is available for that locomotion system. So maybe! Smile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (8/8/2017)
The source code is available for that locomotion system. So maybe! Smile

That's interesting.
And with Python scripting in iC7... hmmm... tantalizing.

I have some ideas of what I'd like to try with Python scripting in iClone, but nothing near that level. It would be cool, though, wouldn't it.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 55 minutes ago
It's not the coding that's the issue, but the database.  They are suggesting it's a pretty huge database (which is kind of how neural networks work).  My guess is that if this ever was to get into production the cost would be to hook into their database (i.e. the game would link into that database so they could get money for each use).  In any case, it really has zero application to iClone.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic