Posted By tothelabyrinth 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
tothelabyrinth
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)Veteran Member (533 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi all,

For non-3D artists there's a lot of content we can snag which is great! I love character creator because it opens doors for people like me. However, hair is so lacking that it doesn't really make sense to me. Even using all paid options available you will quickly run out of fresh options. Can we get some hair options and sliders to further customize our characters? As of now it's really hard to diversify.
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 18 minutes ago
Better hair has been requested for years by old-timers, so it's good to see the request come from a fresh voice.

I think the challenge is to make the hair look good without using tens of thousands of polygons.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AasmundSchei
AasmundSchei
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yes, a built-in hairmorph tool would be awezome (Look at Maya`s Xgen) 

Desktop
: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula - 16GB ram - i7 7700K Kaby Lake @ 4.2ghz - ASUS GeForce ROG 1080 8GB Strix advanced - M.2 NVMe: Samsung 960 500GB - Windows 10 home

Edited
7 Years Ago by aasmund22
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I know this is a pretty old topic, but let me add my two cents -- we need more hair in CC, even if it's just RL selling some.

I'm going to guess that the onerous task of creating decent hair for CC has kept most third party developers from doing it -- I see a scattering of things on the marketplace, but most are just really REALLY short things that you don't need someone to create for you.  What's needed the most are hair styles for men that aren't really long, but aren't crew cuts, either.  The few that RL makes available are good for teenagers, but woefully inadequate for most men.

I've used lots of hair programs in other 3D software that was a LOT easier than the approach RL takes, but I assume that's due to Real Time rendering concerns.  But I thought the new graphics cards allowed for techniques to quickly render detailed hair nowadays.  In any case, this is the one area that CC falls down on, greatly.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yes, actually it's a bit long to create. But in real life it's the same! It took four years for my daughter to have her hair in the middle of her back! Smile
That said, I'm starting to have a good manufacturing technique. I just miss time right now. I think I can make new models in the fall.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Your short hair is pretty good -- I'll buy it just to see if I can use it on some men (I know you designed it for a woman's hair, but it's men hair styles we really need, and your manga hair just won't work for any of my purposes).

I suspect the temptation is to do hair for women because of the long flowing look, but truly good men's styles are tough without ending up with either way too wild or helmet heads.  I'm not sure if perhaps the way to do hair doesn't encourage more women's styles then men's, also (since you are working with "strips" and men's hair doesn't lend itself to strip modeling).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Normally, you can test all my productions before buying them (I think it's a fantastic possibility that the Reallusion system gives!).
To do this, when it comes to a pack, enter in the object list of the pack, select the one you want to see and add it to your trial download list.

Actually ... I just think I'm more sensitive to feminine charm BigGrin !
That said, the haircuts I've done work very well on women and on men ... Look at the haircut "Hair Tigress" .. very feminine ... but ... if you put it on a Californian surfer .. it works very well too !!!
Besides, at the moment I'm working on an animation of Greek god and I made a variant that suits him very well

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, I went ahead and bought the space pack you had because I liked the idea of the retro suits as well -- but it's nice we can audition things first.

But please do more hair, and perhaps some men's hair (although we do need women's hair -- we need SO many things :>Wink.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
russellg55
russellg55
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)Senior Member (283 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I agree with you totally. there is a major void in representation for hair, in particular ethnicity

Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for your purchase Kelleytoons, I hope the jetpack is well adjusted ... it is a bit dangerous this machine!
Besides I also in my program the creation of a masculine retro scifi outfit Wink

For the hair, yes, I planned to make a series from autumn. For now I am really overwhelmed (the proof, in France it is 3 and a half in the morning and I am still in the office! Argh !!!).
So I note, male and different ethnic hairstyleSmile ... maybe that other developer will have time to do it before me

Reading This Topic