Customize Pro Outfits Export License - Re-import to CC2

Posted By VirtualMedia 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Considering the pro outfit collection during the summer sale, if we get the export version can we export the clothing in fbx / obj, edit in ZBrush, 3D Coat... and re-import to CC2 without issues?

As an example, CC Characters are very specific about polycount, would this also be the case with editing and re-importing clothing?

Many Thanks

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi VM,

If you buy the export license version of the Professional Outfits pack then you can export to FBX just as you can for any CC characters. There are no differences for this pack than any other CC pack. Please take a look at the page HERE which explains the rules and requirements for exporting FBX from Character Creator.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter (RL) (6/27/2017)
Hi VM,

If you buy the export license version of the Professional Outfits pack then you can export to FBX just as you can for any CC characters. There are no differences for this pack than any other CC pack. Please take a look at the page HERE which explains the rules and requirements for exporting FBX from Character Creator.

Thanks again Peter, the board would be lost without you. I got the export license and struggling with the DRM issues again, I'm sure I'll get that worked out through security settings on my PC...

I do have a couple follow up questions that I couldn't find answers to on the provided link.

1. With the export license would I be able to make major edits to clothing like add too clothing or cut holes in material in ZBrush and be able to re-import and apply to characters without running them through 3DMax or Blender?
2. I read Kelly Toons had issues with finding the shoes do to a previous install, I however just purchased the Pro Outfit kit and can't find the shoes anywhere in the RL directory any clues where they may be installed? Everything else seems to be in order.

Best regards

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
If you buy the Export License then, as stated, you will be able to export to OBJ (Pro) or FBX (Pipeline) files. Once in these formats you can use almost any 3D editing software to edit the content to your heart's content. There are no restrictions because the exported files are just mesh or mesh with armature. They, as I understand it, cease to be Reallusion files.

Please note that content that is exported is prohibited, by RL rules, from being re-imported into iClone/CC and re-sold unless significant changes to the content have been made. The obvious reason for this rule is to prevent users from buying content, exporting it (to remove the DMR licensing), re-importing it, and then re-selling it as their own. 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic