Profile Picture

WHY won't the face puppet work properly in CTA-3?!

Posted By michael7 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
To make it simple, I made a face puppet motion and recorded it. I went to the face time line and right clicked to break part of the clip. I deleted that end part. But no matter what the animation still plays that part though, as if it was never deleted. And I can't puppet a new motion over it. If I go further down the time line and record there, then bring that new motion into the area where I deleted part of the first animation it doesn't matter it still wont get rid of that part of the animation I deleted. The time line show it deleted but the animation wont get rid of it. What the heck???
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

And now the visemes aren't working properly again. I'm going to see if I can trouble shoot this maybe it's just a problem with the character I face rigged from a photo because the problem with the vismes isnt there with a normal character.
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, just to keep anyone who is reading this and curious updated. I think I figured it out something must have gone wrong or I did something out of order when I first face rigged the character because everything works fine with other characters. I'll re-do him and go from there.
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Still running into issues. Basically, whatever animation I do to the face whenever I make more animations down  the time line to the body the facial animation screws up and doesn't play back in the right place. It ends up playing later on. So I'm having to collect just the facial animations and save them, then I'm having to collect and save the body animations, remove the animations from the character and import the animations back to the character. I'm having to build up the characters animations in stages like this. Is this the normal way to work with this program?
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi Michael7

Reallusion spent some time trying to recreate the problem you encountered.
We need more information from you and a more direct communication platform on this issue.
Please go to our feedback tracker and report this problem.
Our support team will ask more detailed information to identify this problem.

Reading This Topic