Profile Picture

Possible Bug? Eyelashes growing from back of the CC head!?

Posted By kenshinw95 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Possible Bug? Eyelashes growing from back of the CC head!?

Author
Problem.png
kenshinw95
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
  I was creating a Character in the Creator, and once I got it close to where I wanted.
I had the 2 eyelash layers set to "0" so that I could work on the eyes without having the lashes get in the way.
I exported the body to an OBJ file to edit/sculpt in Blender, and completed the modifications without adding, nor subtracting any vertices.
So, I exported the modded Character OBJ back into CC as a morph slider onto a reset/"0 modifications" default character.
Everything looked good until I went to "unhide" the 2 eyelash layers by setting them from "0" to 100".
They were no where to be seen, even when I raised the length up to "100". So I set the upper, and lower length to "100" as well.
There was nary an eyelash to be seen, so I looked at the character in multiple angles to see if everything else was correct other than that.
When I was in the side view I noticed some hair on the back of the head, and after checking the "hair" was actually the eyelashes.
The eyelashes were hidden, so I didn't see, nor change them in Blender.
What in the world happened to make the eyelashes go from growing out of the eyelids to the back of the head?!
Is there a way to I fix it, or is it back the the modded CC file to unhide the eyelashes?
I'd rather not have to start all over again just due to what may possibly be a bug.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately when you have done custom work on the character in 3rd party software it can be difficult to diagnose or reproduce the problem.

Please can you try performing the same steps but once open in Blender just export it back out as a slider without making any changes to the character at all. Then check in Character Creator if the same issue occurs. This will help narrow down to the cause of the problem to being something done in Blender or not. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kenshinw95
kenshinw95
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Alright. I hid the eyelashes on the default female, but I accidentally described the hiding process backwards. The slider goes to "100" to hide them, not "0". I imported the .obj file that I exported from Character Creator into Blender, then back out without any changes.  I pushed "reset" for all the C.C. sliders, and imported the .obj as a morph slider based on the reset character model. It changed to the default female without eyelashes. I noticed that the eyelash sliders were already at "0", so I guess sliding it to "100" would be double hiding it. Maybe that's what's wrong? If so, how do I unhide them?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Type the value "-100" in the box. It should bring them back Smile

Reading This Topic