Profile Picture

Deployment of Crazy Talk 6

Posted By ct 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ct
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)Junior Member (201 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
Hi
I am currently seeking the possibility to deploy Crazy Talk over Microsoft Group Policy Server and other Managed Server systems.

It has come to my attention that the software CDROM does not include an MSI, nor does it utilize the Microsot Windows Installer technology.

I am familiar with repackaging using various softwares, but a colleage of mine informs me that he has been unable so far to do so successfully.

Before I purchase it on behalf of a school, I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to take up all of my time for the next year to install it on 100 or so workstations whilst doing the installations manually.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

pb
Mick
Mick
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 Years Ago
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Reallusion.

As for network serials / MSI Packages, we are sorry that our program does not support MSI packages. However, we have a site license for educational or volume license user which can install the program on one PC, then copy it to other PCs (using ghost way), but it still need to install one by one.

Yours sincerely,

Mick
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.
www.reallusion.com

admin_2_012
ExclamationMark
admin_2_012
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hi Mick,

I also am in need of an MSI for deploying this program out to my workstations. I have in total 60 educational user licenses, and I am not going to visit each PC to install this software. Ghosting is not a solution to this problem, as none of the schools I look after use this method of operating system deployment. If you're company insists on not supplying an MSI, then could you at least provide us with a method of silently installing the program so that we can at least script it to install as part of the Machine Start up?

Many Thanks,

Jon Dalton

IT Technicain for Worcestershire County Council, UK

Edited
14 Years Ago by admin_2
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
admin_2 (9/23/2010)
Hi Mick,

I also am in need of an MSI for deploying this program out to my workstations. I have in total 60 educational user licenses, and I am not going to visit each PC to install this software. Ghosting is not a solution to this problem, as none of the schools I look after use this method of operating system deployment. If you're company insists on not supplying an MSI, then could you at least provide us with a method of silently installing the program so that we can at least script it to install as part of the Machine Start up?

Many Thanks,

Jon Dalton

IT Technicain for Worcestershire County Council, UK

Hi Jon,

Could you please contact Reallusion Support regarding this issue. Please use the link below to submit your question. They will be able to help answer your query for you.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Many Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic