Where is Zane Character in CC2?

Posted By VirtualMedia 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Can't find the new Zane character in CC2, ported over from IC 7 however I can't activate appearance editor. I tried converting material type to traditional as well as using the PBR default.

Apologies for double post but thought it would be better to post in this thread rather than IC7 early access

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hmmm, looks like they cleared out all the 7 posts.  Anyway, on that other thread I asked -- what the heck is this Zane character you are talking about?  I don't remember him in beta.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
VirtualMedia (6/21/2017)
Can't find the new Zane character in CC2, ported over from IC 7 however I can't activate appearance editor. I tried converting material type to traditional as well as using the PBR default.

Apologies for double post but thought it would be better to post in this thread rather than IC7 early access

Hi VM... I'll check into this and get back to you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Kelleytoons (6/21/2017)
Hmmm, looks like they cleared out all the 7 posts.  Anyway, on that other thread I asked -- what the heck is this Zane character you are talking about?  I don't remember him in beta.

Following on from Chuck and Gwynn (iClone 5), Mason and Heidi (iClone 6), Christian and  Natalie (CC 1.0) we now have Zane and Jade to carry the flag. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Ah, somehow missed them during testing (mostly using my own stuff, anyway).  And now I see... yikes!  No wonder -- somehow the millennials have taken over iClone.  Jade looks... well, not that there's anything wrong with that, but she definitely looks like she'd rather go out with Heidi than with Zane.  And Zane himself looks...  Let's just say these aren't the Good Guys in anyone's movie (but that's okay -- we do need villains.  I actually have more of a use for them than for the pretty men and women of Daz.  But it's quite a departure).

And, yes, they should be in Character Creator because I'd like to use Zane's hair (and his clothing) on others (perhaps I could move them there and save out... ah, my old brain is just trying to process all this crap.  I still need to reinstall all my CC content because THAT went the way of the Dodo when I tried, foolishly, thinking I could just use the standard install to specify directories.  Ah, RL, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...)

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

VirtualMedia (6/21/2017)
I can't activate appearance editor. I tried converting material type to traditional as well as using the PBR default.

Just to add if you switch the materials for Zane's body and clothing to PBR then the Appearance Editor will become active.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Jade looks like she'd rather go out with Heidi than with Zane.

BigGrin Good one Kelleytoons, hope someone makes the video Wink

Edited
7 Years Ago by VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (6/21/2017)
[quote]

Just to add if you switch the materials for Zane's body and clothing to PBR then the Appearance Editor will become active.

Thanks Peter I'll give it a go

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I can also confirm that the omission of Zane and Jade from CC 2.1 is intentional and not a bug. If you wish to edit these characters in Character Creator, then you can of course send them over and customise as you wish.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic