Profile Picture

iClone7 - Super Substance Tools (2017/06)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I debated this for a while.  I have the core tools (Substance Designer/Painter) and the B2M from them (in addition to one from Reallusion).  I also have access to a number of Substances, in addition to the original "Substance 200" (but they weren't PBR).

However, many of the tools here will work inside iClone, and that really adds to the convenience factor.  The "Amplify LUT 200+" is a nice bonus, and I hope the HDRi files are good quality.

BOTTOM LINE... I ordered it tonight.  Now all I need is some "me time" to play with my new toys.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
One other benefit for those who have the 18 Vol Materials bundle (I forgot the exact name) is that it would be feasible to revive them as Substance materials using the iClone tools. It is also very effective for re-texturing existing props and thus saving money...w00t

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

joel.lovell
joel.lovell
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Still not sure if I need this yet. It appears that there are a ton of free substance pbr materials you can download directly from substance website, what am I missing here?

I have a lot of hdri files already. And Inhave Hit Films Pro so I am not sure I need the LUTS in iclone.

And If I do decide I want this bundle, is Reallusion going to provide an upgrade incentive for thise who previously bought it?
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Has any one managed to get the A to B blend tool working. When ever i drag the tool on to a object it blanks the PBR material i had on the model . But in the demo the PBR material  remains when they activate the effect  then the add the blend . Only option i have are to add textures to the blend and not any of my PBR textures 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
rogyrue (7/1/2017)
Has any one managed to get the A to B blend tool working. When ever i drag the tool on to a object it blanks the PBR material i had on the model . But in the demo the PBR material  remains when they activate the effect  then the add the blend . Only option i have are to add textures to the blend and not any of my PBR textures 

Works fine for me.  If you watch the demo, you'll note a couple of things: first, you can't have a substance material there (so make sure you bake it first before you apply the A/B blend).  Then after you apply it the first material is in both slots, so you WILL have to add the maps for the second material manually (which they do in the demo).

Frankly, I see almost zero use for this but maybe I'm just not thinking right (there must be some reason it's there and I just am not imaging how it would be used).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

joel.lovell (7/1/2017)
Still not sure if I need this yet. It appears that there are a ton of free substance pbr materials you can download directly from substance website, what am I missing here?

I have a lot of hdri files already. And Inhave Hit Films Pro so I am not sure I need the LUTS in iclone.

And If I do decide I want this bundle, is Reallusion going to provide an upgrade incentive for thise who previously bought it?

It all depends on whether you want what's there.  I bought the original as well (paid $129 and it was on sale and without HDI stuff) and thought of this $99 sale as the "upgrade" price (although it's disappearing soon, I guess).

To me the draw is the B2M, which is what I used the most in the old version.  You can make some amazing materials with almost no effort.  And adding dirt and use to your materials is no little thing either.  Both of those (along with the decal) were worth the price of admission (and upgrading, as they do work better than the old versions).

If you have all the materials you need, no worries -- but I can never find exactly what I want and this makes it so easy it's fun (it's a rabbit hole I really don't want to fall into, but I have to admit sometimes I just play around making cool materials).  But the "upgrade" price is worth it, IMHO (if they run out and you have to pay full price, I would not get it).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
rogyru
rogyru
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Kelleytoons (7/2/2017)
rogyrue (7/1/2017)

Works fine for me.  If you watch the demo, you'll note a couple of things: first, you can't have a substance material there (so make sure you bake it first before you apply the A/B blend).  Then after you apply it the first material is in both slots, so you WILL have to add the maps for the second material manually (which they do in the demo).

Frankly, I see almost zero use for this but maybe I'm just not thinking right (there must be some reason it's there and I just am not imaging how it would be used).

Thanks your where correct . I was going to see if they can improve morph animation transitions
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
maybe I'm just not thinking right 

You can make things like this

The idea for this blend tool is when you can't apply dynamic textures. The other reason is it uses less memory to compute.
Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, I guess I see so little use for this I can't imagine ever needing it (kind of like going to a lot of trouble to make a single tool that does one very esoteric thing).

If we could ANIMATE textures (like having tears flow down the face) it would be useful, but there aren't too many morphing needs like you've posted out there.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You focus on the morph but it's about the texture. It could be used for people became sick or angry or blood veins poppin or every thing.
It could be use for non dynamic texture dry to become wet or to make impact or everything.... I can understand that you don't
have vision for this tool but it's not because you can't make tears that this tool is useless. May be Just to communicate 
cool feeling for beginner users Wink

Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart

Reading This Topic