Profile Picture

Render Farming

Posted By Camonra 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Camonra
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
What will be the Render Farming options in iClone 7?  I'm sure the render improvements are amazing on the individual machine level, but how will we be able to leverage up multiple machine/GPU systems to scale up to actual production?
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
iClone has never had a Render Farm option, and RL have never mentioned including one.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Camonra
Camonra
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)Senior Member (480 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm currently using the iClone Indigo Export as a very effective render solution with multi-GPU assisted render farming.  Wondering what the future holds for real farm applications.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I think the future is that there will be no need for render farms -- iClone is moving towards getting terrific quality by leveraging the power of DirectX and with powerful graphics cards you can render as good as you can get in near real time.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sbaerman
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I unfortunately went down the Indigo route. Bought a professional indigo licence, several machines and spend a couple of thousand USD on it. RL did decide to go different direction. I am not sure even, if the plugin for Indigo will be supported by IC7.

So that is the bad side of the story.

The good news is, that the render quality massively improved from IC6 to 7. So you can do good movies. Indigo rendering is better, but much slower and not integrated. I am sure, you will see some stunning videos coming soon to show the performance of IC7

No need for a complex process with Indigo. Also there was a bug rendering multiple frames, different behaviour of light and camera ....

So the better choice is IC7!

Machines :
MSI Gaming Laptop, I7, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 1 TB HD
Acer Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H, 16GB, 1TB SSD, RTX 2070

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
jmontgom,

If you perhaps want to take advantage of the render farm concept, there is a way you can do it. If you are just using one machine, then you can license a second machine and share the scenes between the two computers. When it's time to render something, just do it on your second machine and you can continue to work on the first machine unencumbered. That's probably the least expensive option. All it would take is a good machine and video card. If you wanted to take this a step further, you might buy yourself a second copy of Iclone 7 and set up two more machines like the initial render box. That way you could render three scenes separately at once. The only thing you would need is a location to share your files where all four machines could access it. It's not network rendering in the truest sense, but for the cost of an additional license in iClone you could have three scenes rendering while working on a 4th for a minimum investement in comparison to a render farm. You get the advantage of a render farm without all the overhead. 

Reading This Topic