Profile Picture

[PBR] UN Task Force - Uniforms (2017/06)

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
generally_happy (8/20/2017)
TLDR:  where/how do I change the color of the uniforms?
I was playing with some of the uniform shirts and trousers today, but I'm not so familiar with CC2 (it has a lot more options than CC1).  I didn't see the place to change the color of the uniforms. The "activate appearance editor" is greyed out.

If the appearance editor is grayed out, you can enable it by selecting a Substance option from the box to the right of the name. See the pictures.

I think the UN uniforms use the "5" color region Substance. You need to set it for each clothing or body item.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a3b39be-a7f9-4f75-b8c6-0971.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/99f180cb-6586-4b26-8052-d016.jpg

similarly
similarly
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
thank you, Rampa!  That's very helpful, especially the screenshots.
jkwenstad
jkwenstad
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This isn't easy to adjust the textures on this model.  I would like to change the color a bit and tone down the material and not having much success...  Really need to good tut on substance within this program.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bef691b8-4ee9-4bb5-82e7-dc98.png
This is the original...  Then when I go to edit the material, basically it looses all the information and turns white.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1ca1bc11-e7fa-455b-8941-a2bf.png
Seems to me like the "normal" just went nuts...  but I am unable to find where to adjust that.  And what happened to the texture, why did everything disappear?  Then when I try to add a material, it looks like total crap, like the image below.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad649138-49b6-43b1-a82d-3aa4.png

Maybe I just don't know what is going on, or I'm doing it in the wrong sequence.  Has anyone changed the colors of the pants or change the materials on this stuff, can you please advise me in the right direction?  Also, it would of been nice to have the holster and knife as separate parts from the pants.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
The textures on the GI clothing is baked. So to edit in CC2 requires that the clothing Substance be re-initialized. By default it just has a plain white texture. You still the wrinkles and stuff because of the various geometry maps (like AO, normal, etc). Some models default to other things, but these default to white.

Here is introduction video for the clothing appearance editor.

modernstoryteller
modernstoryteller
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all
I'm having the same problem mentioned above: Whenever I try to customise the UN military clothes, as soon as I click "Activate Appearance Editor" the entire item of clothing becomes all white. I watched the video suggested by Malka above but it doesn't show me how to solve the problem.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reading This Topic