[NEWS!] OFFICIAL iClone 7 Issues Thread

Posted By Joe (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
paulg625
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
4u2ges (8/22/2017)

I'll do it today. And I am glad you put the one for the Morph positioning.
If only they could fix Multi-Stage Transitional Morphs as well: https://forum.reallusion.com/333805/Tutorial-MultiStage-Transitional-Morphs-using-iClone-7-and-iClone-6

I cast my vote for it hope others see this and add a few more votes get it up the list. But with it being a bug maybe they will look anyway...
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
paulg625 (8/23/2017)

I cast my vote for it hope others see this and add a few more votes get it up the list. But with it being a bug maybe they will look anyway...

Yes, hopefully it'll be fixed with the next iClone update.

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I have entered an FT request to change the range for transformations from +/- 99999.000 to +/- 999999.00. In iClone 7, there is an extra digit in the location values, but I think it could be used more effectively.

Go here: #3533 for the rationale and to vote and/or comment.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

paulg625 (8/23/2017)

Yes, there is no need to vote for bugs, although it is good to add comments to confirm the issue.

esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
My biggest gripe with iClone, and it's extended family (CC, Crazy talk etc), is the nightmare of locating things among, what seems like, multiple versions of the same stuff. I have been building the range up - so CT, CC, CC2,  iC6 then iC7 so thought the problems might be due to that. However, a massive crash - hard drive is no more - meant having to totally reinstall the lot. I am also having to rebuild my characters from scratch. Logic would dictate that ALL characters would start life in ONE folder, meaning that when I fire up CC2 or even iClone 7 I have everybody there. Not so. To work on Jade I have to go to users etc etc and find her. I had bought a fedora hat which was nowhere to be seen in CC2 - can't even find it looking at users etc etc - but it miraculously appeared in iC7. In fact I often find things in iC7 that would be useful in CC2! Then I had a character who had a nice necklace - I seem to remember having limited jewelry, a large earring etc,- unlike the fedora I never bought this as a separate item so I presume it was part of some package, which I can't find anywhere. BTW, Any idea how to find them would be fantastic! To edit something, let's say a tank top, I am asked to find a file ending in 'sar' (is it ?) Why am I not sent straight to the folder with all the same files, instead of having to hunt for them in various locations? May I suggest having folders; avatar, cloth, props, body - with subs for head/teeth/eye etc OUTSIDE of the main program and these store everything from iC3 to iC9 and beyond and CC and Crazy Talk.  At the moment it is a frustrating mess and you must be aware of it as you do offer a log to show where everything went. So, why bother with such a beast if all one has to do to find ... er ...teeth, is look in ONE tooth folder?  I would then also instantly know where my jewelry is - and if not there know it has not downloaded, rather than spent hours clicking on every folder. Simple.

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
My suggestion would be that during install (or editing the registry) you change the location of both template and custom to a more easily accesible location, i chose documents/reallusion/ to install both the template and the custom folder. It is easier to access than the public documents. That totally worked for me during ic7 early access when i had to manually search content in the file explorer to drag into iclone. I just can't find a reason for RL's decision of installing content on the public documents folder, I have used windows since before they introduced the public folders, and i have never used those folders, not even for network sharing.
esemgee
esemgee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I just put in a shortcut to 'Public' on the desktop! I found my lost necklace - in ic5 accessories, which I think is in iC7's folder. One accessories folder for all would have saved so much time! Why the odd name 'template'? It must hark back to early days as nothing in there is a template, so it gives me the wonderful image of eager geeks, so happy with coming up with a 3D animation program that they rather forget how to set logical, simple paths for the humble user to find their way around! Thank god they don't build websites... 
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If all versions were lumped together then we would have complaints as to why some content suddenly no longer opens in a previous version of iClone. On the whole, I have been able to find iClone content over the years.

And, frankly, folder names are just folder names: Poser and DAZ use Runtime, which has never made much sense to me. At least you have a separation between your own Custom content and Template for everything else.

Waterlane Studios
Waterlane Studios
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I've had an issue where the decal image slots would not show in Character Creator 2 (with updates) - the materials also change when switching editing on/off.
This was looked into as a bug (Ticket ID: 116570) and listed in the feedback tracker (Issue 2293).
Although there were lots of back and fourth communications the issues was never resolved and meant I gave up using CC2 at the time.

It was suggested that my machine may have a missing DLL, but there were numerous/various re-installs and I've had no other issues (including with other 3D software).
[Reposting this to the new Character Creator issues thread - please feel free to delete from here :-)]

Edited
7 Years Ago by Waterlane Studios

Reading This Topic