Profile Picture

Suggesion: For Unreal Engine Export Options create an Unreal Engine Physical Asset for clothes and...

Posted By Atonnis 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Suggesion: For Unreal Engine Export Options create an Unreal Engine...

Author
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Well, the topic says it all, really.

I've been struggling with getting softcloth-like behaviours into Unreal Engine. Hair and clothing that moves correctly has eluded me for years now.

With Unreal Engine 4.16, under the Experimental Section (it has to be enabled) is cloth simulation. Once enabled you can 'paint' an object with it's static and 'clothy' bits, so you can make things like a cape that is actually affected by wind, movement, etc in the game.

I know iClone is its own package for animation in its own right, but my focus has always been to create the best characters with the best animations (I've managed to create thousands of retargeted animations successfully) for my gaming business and I've been on the edge of my seat hoping for a way to bring them together. I can, just about, do it manually (I've only tried a few times and if anyone is interested I'll record it when I'm a bit more practiced so others can see).

Any chance of this becoming a thing?

Cheers!

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Could you import the weight maps from iClone into Unreal, as they also define "clothy" and non-clothy areas?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
animagic (6/16/2017)
Could you import the weight maps from iClone into Unreal, as they also define "clothy" and non-clothy areas?

A good question - a VERY good question - any idea on which way I could go about it?  I usually prefer to learn via trial and error and thus gain an understanding on how everything works, but with a proof of concept desperately needed within the next 4 weeks I'm getting very anxious and will take every bit of help I can get!

Thank you for any pointers you can produce in advance. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the momenl

Reading This Topic