How to return body morphs to default?

Posted By Lamias 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys, I run into a bit of a puzzle here.

I created a character and I accidentally equipped him with many abs and muscles, and then I forgot about it, and I hit the Bake Morphs Key.

Is there any way to revert ONLY the body morphs to the default setting? I worked too hard for the face morphs and I don't want to spoil them.

Will my character have to remain a bodybuilder? Tongue

Thanks!!

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Save the head morph to your content library, and then load it on a new body.
Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Rampa thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought too. So I saved the head morph and then I opened a Base Male character.

The problem is that the head now looks *completely* different from the one that I saved. It's like a different person. Tongue

Could there be any special settings in the save/load process that I missed?

EDIT: It's a Crazytalk Head, but it's been heavily edited in CC, that's why I cannot load the CT head again and solve the issue. I can't go through this editing again... Tongue

Thanks!

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
7 Years Ago by Lamias
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I believe you can only save it in the Custom/Head folder. Otherwise it saves the body instead. If it still is not working for you, I can make a video tutorial. Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb359a73-0cf3-46ca-b3ca-a488.jpg

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa thanks for your willingness to help, but I don't want you to waste your time like this. Smile

So, the method I used is what you described me, but no luck. See the faces below:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22e2cddd-aab8-4a6f-b198-6b09.jpg

The differences are pretty obvious, right? And yet, all I did is press the following button in the custom tab:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a48b028b-5ed0-463e-a022-52e4.jpg

It happens with all the heads that I try to save. They load differently.

Any ideas here..? Sad

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I remember having the same problem a while ago. What I end up doing is saving the head in iClone.
Then I brought a default character to iClone from CC, attached the saved head to the character and sent it back to CC.
Finally adjusted the body skin to match the head and morphed the body over again.

I also remember having issue with body not "welded" to the head, when it is attached in iClone. Vertices did not merge I think.
I think I had to export and import the character back and force until at some point I did not have that slight gap between head and body.
It was a pain... Crazy

And I would also like to see if it is possible to save the head in CC without loosing the original look of it.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It's not wasting my time at all, Lamias. Smile

I must not have tested quite far enough. I just applied one of Vidi's head morphs, and it worked. Maybe baking the head before you save it will help?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Rampa (6/9/2017)
It's not wasting my time at all, Lamias. Smile

I must not have tested quite far enough. I just applied one of Vidi's head morphs, and it worked. Maybe baking the head before you save it will help?

That is the thing Rampa. If you bake it, it is gone for good. You won't be able to save it, because it saves only morph sliders over the default.

Here is a message you would get after "fresh" bake, while trying to save either head or body

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eed0b77e-70f0-4b2e-ae2b-b645.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
You may have to reset the charcater first before applying the head in order to start from a neutral position.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Nope, tried both baking and reseting the new character.

No luck. It's weird...

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Reading This Topic