Posted By IO1 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General.png
IO1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Just curious if there is any sales data accessible for the stores to better help facilitate my market research efforts in respect to selling assets. For example who are the top earners and how whats hot what not ect. 
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi IO1,

There is no such data about the top X vendors for the public at this moment.
The current mechanism supports:
Content Store: The Best Seller (example)
Marketplace: Top Paid, Top Free (example)

If there is further request, you can contact me by PM, thank you.
IO1
IO1
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you Miranda. 
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I, too, would be interested in any "volume" data that anyone be willing to share, publicly or confidentially.
Why?
I continue to nag my son to make some props and put them in a store.  He's good and blender, and in spite of his protests, he is most certainly capable of creating props that are in the top 50% of typical props here in terms of quality.

My assumption is any given prop probably has low volume, but as you get more and more products, the sales volume gradually builds.  And you only have to build the prop once, but can sell it multiple times.

I understand wanting to keep your sales information private, but if you trust me, you can PM me.  Feel free to be somewhat vague.
I sure would love to be able to explain to my son how much of an opportunity he's been wasting.  Bwa ha haaa.... (I mean that in the best loving-father way).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I think for the Market Place it was actually a wish from the 3rd-party developers to keep it private. It used to be published previously.

For your son I would say, it wouldn't hurt to try. It's good to find a niche, I think. There is currently very little PBR-ready content for example, so that could be something to look into, as there will be a need once IC7 comes out.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (6/11/2017)
For your son I would say, it wouldn't hurt to try. It's good to find a niche, I think. There is currently very little PBR-ready content for example, so that could be something to look into, as there will be a need once IC7 comes out.

Yeah, I've been telling him that for over half a year now.  Imagine how many PBR props he could have made by now.  Maybe he'll listen to you!  I guess it's human nature, but sometimes parents seem to lack credibility.  I can remember when our kids were in elementary school.  We could tell them every day that it's important to brush their teeth.  Then one day they come from from school, and with great enthusiasm will explain how their teacher said it's important to brush their teeth, as if we never said it before.  Tongue

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Interesting! I didn't expect the topic now switches to Dennis' son Tongue
You are the expert of Substance Designer, and your son is good at Blender. I will definitely look forward to your design!

Reading This Topic