Profile Picture

Help regarding Iclone Pro 6+exchange Pro 6

Posted By Hydracore 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Hydracore
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello

Yesterday i decided to buy the Iclone Pro character creation deluxe bundle, Going through the training videos on youtube  i noticed that when they had to do with Iclone/3dxchange to Maya videos they were always using the pipeline version .Does this mean  that in order to have interaction between Maya and Iclone/3dxchange i have to get the pipeline version? Do i have limitations moving assets and data back and forth between Maya and Iclone/3dxchange?

Unfortunately the support fella did not bother answering any of my questions and considering the fact that i exceeded my available budget i would like to know if the Pro version does the job since i cant spend addiotnal amount of money to upgrade to the pipeline for quite sometime,If only pipeline version does that job then i will request refund and look around the internet for an alternative.

Thank you

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
For fbx export you need to purchase 3DXchange Pipeline. For a lot of content you will also have to purchase export licenses to use the assets in other Apps.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Hydracore
Hydracore
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)Junior Member (213 reputation)

So actualy the way it works is like the bottomless barrel i also noticed they also sell separate the Plug-in for for Kinect,in the end of the day in order to have this thing working as it should you need to spend heck a lot of money and honestly i don't think its worth it ,This is kinda sad really i really wanna get my refund and never bother with Iclone again , i found already other apps that have the features i want , maybe no so flamboyant as the iclone stuff but i only care to do my MoCap stuff . Well at least this is what i thought the iclone was apparently is more of a "hungry beast"
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
Well, to address your issues about moving things to and from Maya -- if what you want to do is use iClone for your animation (which is what it is designed to do) then you can use the Pro version of XChange to do what you want.  You can move assets via OBJ and paint or work on them in Maya and then bring them back to iClone for animation.  Only if you were trying to use those assets in animation outside of iClone would you need the Pipeline (exporting via FBX, for example).

Before you bought ANYTHING you should have defined what you wanted to do.  That definition would tell you exactly what software you need to do what you want.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Hydracore
Hydracore
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I knew very well what i wanted to do , and that is the reason i was looking for an affordable solution i have very limited budget because of the fact that me and my partner had to buy many things for our mini studio so i needed something that can do the MoCap work with the kinect v2 sensors we have and the HD cameras setup.
I came across a few software packages some cheaper some expensive and some way too expensive . I got the impression that iclone like all other software solutions induced the plug-ins and tools for the smooth interactions also when i got to the page where they have the boodles none of them was having such a detailed description or noted anywhere the restrictions, so me by seeing the word Pipeline and Pro i assumed that Pipeline is probably for more than 1 pc so i went for the Pro.Also it is also a huge problem the fact that basic plug-ins are missing such as the FBX and kinect plugin for the PRO version. Eventually the amount i will have to spent way over my current available budget of 300USD by overstretching it i can only go up to 400 and that is the case that i would have spent  money for something i cant use because of the tools/plug-ins missing.So we will be in limbo because we will not have the ability to use the equipment and continue developing our animation.

Now if you want to blame me for something that can be that i didn't put much thinking that basic stuff will be missing from the pro version

Thank you
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Well, in the long run it's still cheaper than Maya. Autodesk is the master in getting money out of customers with their subscription model.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Hydracore
Hydracore
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I dont see how this is relevant to my post, but since u mentioned it  i am maya artists since 2004 (alias Maya 4) and since 2007 (SideFX houdini) .Maya is the standard in the  movie industry and gaming industry (the fact that autodesk is using the particular pricing model derives from the fact that the economic model the county autodesk is based allows the companies to impose monopoly and abuse their customers as a result) in the end  i make my living on working with Maya and Houdini and Maya at least is not missing basic tools or plug-ins , Iclone is interesting tool but i only needed it for one particular use  MoCap and to import/export the assets and data between software packages , sadly in order to do this i have to keep buying add-ons, plugins ,upgrades which can skyrocket the cost, so it seems at least.

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
georgios.milionis (6/3/2017)
Iclone is interesting tool but i only needed it for one particular use  MoCap and to import/export the assets and data between software packages , sadly in order to do this i have to keep buying add-ons, plugins ,upgrades which can skyrocket the cost, so it seems at least.

So let me get this straight. You work with Maya(1Year Subscription Cost: $1470) and HoudiniFx($4,995 USD annually and $625 USD monthly for Houdini FX) --is that correct?

Your whole point hinges upon the fact that you didn't take the time to research your purchase before you made it. Reallusion states very clearly what the capabilities are in each package:

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3dxchange.html --If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a feature comparison chart. It's on the base page and you don't even have to go hunting for it.

If you look at the 3dxchange page, you can see that the features of each level are clearly spelled out. How is it Reallusion's fault that you didn't take the time to do your own due diligence before making a purchase? You made a bad decision, and you want us to empathize with you, but I'm sorry --I just don't see where Reallusion is the bad guy in all this. No one forced you to make that purchase. You should own up to your own mistake and stop blaming Reallusion for the fact that you failed to adequately research your purchase before you made it. The talk you give about going over budget--that was a concious decision on your part. If you had done any research, you would have seen that there are other options for mocap in Maya that involve the kinect and are low cost like Brekel Kinect($139), Fastmocap($99) or Ipisoft($345) all for about the same price or LESS than what you paid for the iClone bundle you purchased. Ten minutes and a Google search on "Cheap Mocap" would have yielded all of this information. 
Hydracore
Hydracore
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Sadly you did not spent enough time your self reading my posts and yet coming out proudly pretending you know everything.I never blamed reallusion for anything i actually commended on the way this model works i think i am allowed
secondly, i also wrote above that i checked about other solutions , cheaper,expensive and way too expansive compare to iclone what i also said was that i did not expect to have fbx and kinect mission since its standard in all software solutions and that for me is not affordable due to some changes in my life at the moment and i also said that i am in limbo if the issue is not resolved i was trying to find some answers through the forums so i don't have to move to refund the bundle. I said whatever i had to say in the previous posts ,If you go throgh the possts you will see that you are wrong  about what you said . That's all from me the subject is closed here.

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
georgios.milionis (6/4/2017)
Sadly you did not spent enough time your self reading my posts and yet coming out proudly pretending you know everything.I never blamed reallusion for anything i actually commended on the way this model works i think i am allowed
secondly, i also wrote above that i checked about other solutions , cheaper,expensive and way too expansive compare to iclone what i also said was that i did not expect to have fbx and kinect mission since its standard in all software solutions and that for me is not affordable due to some changes in my life at the moment and i also said that i am in limbo if the issue is not resolved i was trying to find some answers through the forums so i don't have to move to refund the bundle. I said whatever i had to say in the previous posts ,If you go throgh the possts you will see that you are wrong  about what you said . That's all from me the subject is closed here.

I did read what you wrote. And nowhere in your diatribe, did you take any responsibility for the decisions you made. You're complaining about a pricing model that Audodesk uses (Maya and Maya LT) as well as Houdini (Core vs FX) like Reallusion is somehow wrong for doing the same thing as Autodesk And SideFX. It's hypocritical and I'm calling you out on it. The basic fact remains that if you had read up on the application before you made your purchase, you wouldn't have purchased the wrong version. It's clearly listed on the product page. I'm not above being critical of things I don't like, but I am also man enough to admit when I made a mistake and to not put the blame on anyone else when that happens. 
Edited
7 Years Ago by will2power71

Reading This Topic