Master Perform Action

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I have a prop that consists of multiple smaller parts in iClone. In iClone I have attached all the parts together under one part so the entire prop is easy to move.

I'd like to keep it in multiple parts (as opposed to combining all the parts outside iClone and importing a single prop) because there are many optional parts to the prop which I would prefer to remove, when not being used, as opposed to using opacity maps to mask them out in a single prop.

The issue that I am having is that I would like to create some Perform Actions for the prop as a whole, but the Perofrm Action involves transformations (some bone transformation and some regular rotations in iClone) on multiple smaller part objects. If I Collect Clip for the master object (to which the other parts are attached to) then it only collects transformations for the master object and not the sub-object. I can collect clip for each individual part but in that case, I need to issue multiple Perform Actions in order to animate the prop as a whole.

For example, consider a propeller plane prop which consists of 5 objects: one plane body object and 4 engine objects. In iClone the 4 engine objects are attached to the plane body object allowing the entire plane (including engines) to be moved around easily. Now I would like a Perform Action on the plane body that would rotate the propeller on each of the 4 engines. If I animate the 4 engines and then Collect Clips on the plane body, I don't get any of the animation stored because the Collect Clip only collects transformations to the plane body (not the attached engine objects). If I Collect Clip for each of the engines then the transformation is collected but in that case I need to Perform Action each engine individually when animating the plane prop.

Is there a solution available?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic