Profile Picture

iClone 6 resource pack in iClone 7

Posted By exandus 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
exandus
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hello,

How can I use the resource pack that came with iClone 6 in iClone 7? I copied the contents of iClone 6 "Template" folder into the iClone 7 template folder but I don't see the version 6 templates. What is the right way of doing this?

Thanks!
Shaiket
exandus
This post has been flagged as an answer
exandus
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Oh.. I think I found it. It appears in the "Package" tab.
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The forum will always be ready to help, but many times you can find the answer by just tinkering with the software before you get a reply. You did it the right way,
ask for help but keep trying to find the solution on your own. Kudos.
Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I was wondering about this too.  I have a lot of content and I want to actually move it to another drive, not my C drive as I am running out of room.  My worst case scenario is just to uninstall it all and then install, but change the drive from C to D.  I'll play around and see if I can change the pointer in iclone7 first.

EDIT:
And because I have not been on the forum in a long time, I forgot that I too had asked this question last year.  Folks helped me then and I am just now getting to the moving data over to my D drive to clean up space.  Looks like a long day of file transfers Smile

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

Edited
7 Years Ago by 45thdiv
rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey all, brand new to the forums. I have a similar question. 

I recently got iClone 7, which of course comes with a free copy of iClone 6 Pro, and the "Resource Pack," as well as an outfit collection and some other bonus content, that comes with 6 Pro. 

Is it possible for me to open those packs that come with iClone 6 Pro directly with iClone 7? Or do I have to download 6 Pro, open them with that, and then copy them over to 7?

I ask because when I have 7 installed and running, but when I downloaded the Resource Pack from 6 and tried to run it, I got an alert window that said iClone 6 wasn't installed and it would quit. 

thanks for any suggestions you may have! 
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
There is a Bonus Pack for iClone 7 that includes most of the iClone 6 Resource Pack content, and this will install without having iClone 6 on your system. You can find the download in your user account page under Registration. Click on the "Download" link and when the following window opens just select Pack under Bonus.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/11501a57-a93a-46cd-a585-9652.png

There is no real requirement to install iClone 6 and then the iClone 6 Resource Pack.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Cool, thanks for the info!
sameer.alcasia
sameer.alcasia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

I've just purchased iclone7 today and I see that there are several Content items under Motion which have the label "Get It".   
I clicked those items and it took me to download the iClone6 resource pack of size 1.1GB, but I'm not able to run it because I have iClone7 and not iClone6

And as a result, I am unable to use a large number of content items labeled "Get It" that are visible in my content drawer. See attached image

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5c065f21-6efd-4ac3-83e2-b102.png

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 38 minutes ago
Did you install the iClone 7 resource and bonus packs? As mentioned above by Gerry (wires), that should include the iClone 6 items.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic