Strange base message in Market Place

Posted By Colonel_Klink 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Colonel_Klink
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Recently I uploaded some male characters to the market place which will soon appear on Prop Masters. Two of the characters on the sales pages say that the characters are created based on derivative content. Looking at the message I see that the base are from the CC Essential Morph & Skin Content Pack which I purchased. The question I have is: Why have only two of the characters I have submitted recently have this message when it is clear, from my alien family characters, that I have definitely used  the Morph part of the CC Essential Pack to create my characters?

Message reads thus:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7251e823-3909-45b6-b8e7-5b51.jpg

This second message indicates that some cc Essential cloth is being used with the character when it has been removed and replaced with standard cloth yet this message occurs on the character sales page:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf428b0d-8524-4c8a-b8ef-6285.jpg

Can anybody clarify this, or will it be best if I stick to creating props rather than characters.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Edited
7 Years Ago by Colonel_Klink
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
When you removed the dependency on the CC Essentials Cloth did you just do a replacement upload or did you delete the old content and re-upload as completely different content? It almost looks to me like the CC Essentials Cloth dependency got cached somewhere and no it thinks it is required even though it is not. Try uploading the content as completely new content (and deleting the old) as opposed to updating the content.
(This will only work if someone has not yet purchased it...after that it is not possible to delete content)

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Edited
7 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Lord Ashes (5/28/2017)
When you removed the dependency on the CC Essentials Cloth did you just do a replacement upload or did you delete the old content and re-upload as completely different content? It almost looks to me like the CC Essentials Cloth dependency got cached somewhere and no it thinks it is required even though it is not. Try uploading the content as completely new content (and deleting the old) as opposed to updating the content.
(This will only work if someone has not yet purchased it...after that it is not possible to delete content)

The cloth was deleted from the character before the character was uploaded and only occurred on one model.

More worrying is the first screenshot I posted as the characters I create are using sliders across the board of Character Creator and Essential Morphs, YET
not all of my characters that have used some of those morphs haven't displayed the derivative message.

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Edited
7 Years Ago by Colonel_Klink

Reading This Topic