Profile Picture

Trying to create simple face movement with original eyes and mouth from a 2D photo, Please Help

Posted By Crazy Kaiju 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Trying to create simple face movement with original eyes and mouth...

Author
Crazy Kaiju
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi everyone,

I need help on animating some simple face movement of a real baby face (2D photo), like eyes blinking, eyebrow going up and down, and simple mouth closing and open.
When I converted the morph-based head and follow instruction step by step till the end, it rendered the baby head with its original eyes cut out and appeared hollow?
Is there anyway I can retain the original eyes and mouth of a 2D photo head? Something like this demo reel from Animator 3?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b94dc968-60bc-4413-90c6-6492.gif
This is from a YouTube demo ad reel "Dynamic 2D Animation Software - CrazyTalk Animator 3 WIP I "

I am trying to do something like this, however I can't find this "tutorial" video from "Reallusion" youtube channel? I need to retained everything from the original head, I don't want to insert any "virtual eyes and mouth". I managed to do it when I am using Animator version 1.0 more than 5 yrs ago. I bought Animator 3.0 Pipeline last week and now struggling to do the same effects back than.

Can any kind person or experience animator teach me how I can go about animating these "face motion effects with original eyes and mouth".

Thanks a million, appreciated.

CK

soytinatiu
soytinatiu
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I don't have access to my computer where I have the program, so forgive me if I am a little less detailed, but I wanted to mention that I've had similar results (a screen shot would help) and found that if I re-fit the eyes, I was able to eliminate the problem. When you fit the face you place tiny dots around the eyes. The placement is very important as if you're a little too close you can wind up with a black hole and if you're too far out you can wind up with a ring around the eyes. Play with the dots around the eyes and you'll probably solve the problem.
Now it's important to note when you're doing so that when you start out, there are four dots around each eye. This is for general placement. If you're having problems I suggest pressing on the icon for fine control. That will give you around 8 control points for each eye, allowing the fine control that will probably solve your problem. The fine control icon for the eyes I'm referring to is found in the upper portion of the face fitting screen. It will look like an eye with a bunch of dots around it. To reach the face fitting screen on a picture you've already fitted, just go into the character creator pressing the 1st stick figure icon to the left of the main window, then you'll see icons for refitting the head (select it if you don't see it) in the form of eyes, mouth etc. Just fit the eyes.
I'm sorry it took so long for you to get a response. I just noticed this. Without a screenshot it's a little harder, but if you still have problems after following my instructions, I could take a look at your file and see if I could fix the problem if you'd like.
Now as far as moving the eyes, the mouth and expressions, there are a couple of ways to do that. My favorite is the puppet editor. It's actually kind of fun in fact. In the main screen you should see a couple of face icons on left, in the lower portion of the tool bar. One shows just a face. That allows you to change expressions using numeric information for different regions of the face. Not far above that is another icon of a face with a mouse next to it. This is the face puppet editor. It allows you to change expressions by moving the mouse, close and open the eyes by clicking the mouse buttons, etc. It allows you to preview results so you can see what will happen, before actually recording the action. Some actions may be too extreme from some of the options, creating the type of eyes you stated too. There is a slider to exaggerate or unexaggerate the motions that you can move until the results look perfect.
You can find a copy of the manual to assist you with further details here: http://ns.reallusion.com/help/eng/cta/CrazyTalk_Animator3_Manual.pdf  or ask for more help. Your post remained unanswered for a long time, but usually you will receive a response much quicker.

Reading This Topic