Tutorial - Texture Map Swapping On Key Frame

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Here is a tutorial, brought to you by Lord Ashes' Warehouse, on how to achieve Texture Map Swapping on Keyed Frames even though iClone does not support keyed texture changes.

Hope you find this helpful...

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Edited
7 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Sample content created using this technique...

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago

@Lord Ashes : Good find. Thank you for sharing

fmccann
fmccann
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@Lord Ashes : WOW!, that is a very clever idea. Thank you, 5 stars+
Edited
7 Years Ago by fmccann
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Saw this yesterday and meant to watch it last night but forgot about it.
Must must must remember to watch it tonight. I'm sure its going to help me with what I am currently working on

Edit
Changed my mind and watched it at lunch time. That's pretty obvious but not something I had thought about until now.
Thanks for demonstrating the method

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
7 Years Ago by Delerna
CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Thank you!
In the past I would have renderd two identical scenes (swaping out the textures in the second) and spliced them in my editor! this will save a consideral amout of time and I am wondering if you could the same tecnique on the bump and displasement channels for bullet holes and deep cuts

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I do this another way
I save my textures as avi files using virtualdub and loop the first then the second
iClone will keyframe avi changes as in adding a new file along timeline

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
well actually any video even mp4 and WMV
and iClone 5 does it too

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

CrtlZ (6/1/2017)
Thank you!
In the past I would have renderd two identical scenes (swaping out the textures in the second) and spliced them in my editor!

Yes. This is what I would have done in the past too but I am trying to eliminate the need for re-processing as much as possible, so I came up with this technique.

CrtlZ (6/1/2017)
I am wondering if you could the same tecnique on the bump and displasement channels for bullet holes and deep cuts

I have not tried it but by the title of the timeline track, I believe that this technique should be usable for any of the Texture Settings including Diffuse, Opacity, Bump, Specular, Glow, Reflection, Blend and Displacement.
The only down side of this technique is that if you are doing very subtle transformations the texture size can get very big (because you need many transition textures).

Edited
7 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wendyluvscatz (6/1/2017)
I do this another way
I save my textures as avi files using virtualdub and loop the first then the second
iClone will keyframe avi changes as in adding a new file along timeline

Nice alternative solution BigGrin

Reading This Topic