Possible to trim the timeline?

Posted By jmn 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jmn
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)Veteran Member (855 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is it possible to trim the timeline if a scene doesn't start at frame 1?  I often find that I start new scenes where old one's end and would like to do something like 'trim comp to work area' in After Effects.

Thanks
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
under the preview window is the timescrubber
drag the 2 arrows things to where you want your start and end points to be.
but you cant trim-comp like AE

Edited
7 Years Ago by maxae
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
You can also "Delete Frames" in the Timeline Editor.
(Of course, that is a permanent removal of frames, but can be very useful when you do a "Save As" to start a new scene that is similar to a previous one, for example.)

If you have any soft cloth physics, long hair, or particle emitters, you will need a second or two of animation before your real action begins to be sure the cloth is settled down, or the emitted particles are visible, etc.

P.S.
I will take a moment to once again say "THANK YOU" to REALLUSION for vastly improving the performance in Insert Frames and Delete Frames.  It used to that a long, long time in iClone 5, but is extremely fast in iClone 6.  I'm not sure if I've done it in iC7 yet.  Hmm... I better make sure it still works wonderfully.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
gimmeemythang
gimmeemythang
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello! I am new to Iclone7,I am trying to use the time scrubber to trim a clip and cant find the time scrubber,can someone please post a picture or a video of how i can access this correctly.Thank You!

Reading This Topic