Can't launch 3dXchange, but can launch Iclone

Posted By josemulia 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
josemulia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Not sure what's going on. I just bought a laptop with windows 10. Installed and launched Iclone 6.52 just fine. 3dXchange 6.52 launched, flashed the logo, then quit. Not sure where to find the log file. Any tips?

Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
3DXChange runs in DX9 -- do you have that installed on your system?  If not, make sure you do.

Also, if a laptop, make sure you are using your video card and not your in board graphics (like Intel). 

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
josemulia
josemulia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)

Kelleytoons (5/19/2017)
3DXChange runs in DX9 -- do you have that installed on your system?  If not, make sure you do.

Also, if a laptop, make sure you are using your video card and not your in board graphics (like Intel). 

Well, that didn't work. Installed DX9 june 2010 runtime. Reboot laptop. Launched with my NVIDIA card. And same thing happened.
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
If I recall Peter who used to be the forum administrator said in a post (that I cannot find after a search for you) that it could be a
Visual C++ Redistributable Package thing.
I had a look at when my 3dxchange was installed and what C++ was installed the same day.
Now mine states it is C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013
I am using Windows 7 and not 10 as you are but this info might just help in some way.

Duchess Designs Store 

josemulia
josemulia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

duchess110 (5/19/2017)
If I recall Peter who used to be the forum administrator said in a post (that I cannot find after a search for you) that it could be a
Visual C++ Redistributable Package thing.
I had a look at when my 3dxchange was installed and what C++ was installed the same day.
Now mine states it is C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013
I am using Windows 7 and not 10 as you are but this info might just help in some way.

Well, the package is already installed, including 2008, 2010, etc. I think Iclone added it. I remember it popped up some extra dialog boxes during the installation.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just for grins I'd try going to the XChange page and downloading just the old standard 6.  If you can get THAT to run and work, you can then click the "check for upgrades" if it doesn't already come up and tell you you need to upgrade (it probably will).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
josemulia
josemulia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Kelleytoons (5/19/2017)
Just for grins I'd try going to the XChange page and downloading just the old standard 6.  If you can get THAT to run and work, you can then click the "check for upgrades" if it doesn't already come up and tell you you need to upgrade (it probably will).

I installed version 5.51 iclone/3dxchange and it's the exact same thing. I even turned off my anti-virus and firewall.
josemulia
josemulia
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

IT'S RESOLVED! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Not 100% sure on the "why", but it's got to do with C++ redistributable packages.  My guess is that 3dxchange is very very picky on this. Some how/some way, there might exist multiple versions of these C++ packages on my system because other app installed different version, or maybe some other app replaced it with another version, that caused 3dxchange could not launch.

So, the solution is to uninstall iclone + 3dxchange + ALL C++ redistributables then install iclone and 3dxchange again.
Edited
7 Years Ago by josemulia
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Glad it got resolved. You are correct about the redistributable. 2013, as mentioned earlier is what RL products use. I think the catch is that 3DX is 32 bit, and probably needs the 32 bit version. Everything else is 64 bit. I'm going to run that theory, anyway! Wink
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
josemulia (5/21/2017)
IT'S RESOLVED! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Not 100% sure on the "why", but it's got to do with C++ redistributable packages.  My guess is that 3dxchange is very very picky on this. Some how/some way, there might exist multiple versions of these C++ packages on my system because other app installed different version, or maybe some other app replaced it with another version, that caused 3dxchange could not launch.

So, the solution is to uninstall iclone + 3dxchange + ALL C++ redistributables then install iclone and 3dxchange again.

Glad you got it resolved. As I said in my post back up the page I thought it had something to do with the C++ Redistributable packages.

Duchess Designs Store 

Reading This Topic