Iclone 7 release

Posted By woody173 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi i am looking very carefully at the new iClone 7 and its new features. I am interested in the curve editor but it looks like this will only be available in the pipeline version. Is this correct? If this is not so do you think it will be available in the pro version at some point. Seems like Reallusion have you by the short and curlies yet again by making you pay through the nose for a feature that is common place in most other software. Its great to say iClone is the best thing since sliced bread and it does this and that but unfortunately they dont make it very clear that you need to buy extra packs, updated versions etc to get the most from the software. I have fallen into this trap several times in the past just to be able to do the simplest of things. Perhaps a full list of what it does and the additions you will need to complete the tasks in the showcases and tutorials would be of help.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
RL has already stated the Motion Curve editor add-on will be purchasable separately (and I hope by that they mean it will be available to ALL at the same time those who have Pipeline get it).  So it shouldn't be an issue (although I do tend to agree with others that this piece shouldn't have been a separate piece but I'll deal with that).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Maybe think about it from this point of view?

Take the Pipeline package and subtract the cost of 3DX Pro. Is the difference worth a curve editor to you? If so, it may be worth just getting the Pipeline package. The Pipeline package price includes the curve editor for "free".

Of course, everyone must way their own needs/expenses as well.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I sure HOPE the cost of the plugin doesn't equal that difference, Rampa.  For one thing, it isn't just a "difference" to many of us who have already purchased Pro (since there's no upgrade path -- we essentially would then pay double (because we'd have to buy Pipeline at full price after already paying for Pro.

Not only that but there is a LOT more functionality in Pipeline, so I would hope that the Curve Editor is a fraction of that cost (I'd be okay with $100 or so).  In particular this stings since we were misled about this before we had a chance to determine (in terms of upgrading to 7/XChange.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I hope it comes out at the same time.  It Is one of the things I am really looking forward to with iClone7.  I too thought it was coming with the pro version when I pre-ordered, but since I have already paid for the pro upgrade, I'll pay for the for the plug in.  I really hope it will not cost $100 though.

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

hmadden
hmadden
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
win 10 iclone 7 early crashes upon loading, need help.Thanks
rgreenidge
rgreenidge
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I just saw a separate version of the curve editor for iClone 7 will be $149, when iClone 7.1 is released. At only $119 to upgrade to iClone 7, I might just upgrade just to see if there is any difference with my projects and the amount of avatars I could add in the scenes. Lighting is already fine in my projects, I'm just wondering if I could use the facial morphing on non-CC characters. CC characters look good but take up too much memory. In my projects I prefer quantity over quality.

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
rgreenidge (5/28/2017)
I just saw a separate version of the curve editor for iClone 7 will be $149, when iClone 7.1 is released.

For those wondering where this information can be found, it's printed at the bottom of this page.

* Curve Editor (Plug-in):
  • Curve Editor is a paid plug-in ($149) for iClone 7.
  • This plug-in will be available when iClone 7.1 releases.
  • The plug-in will be included as a free bonus for any purchase of iClone 7 & 3DXchange 7 Pipeline bundles.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

rgreenidge
rgreenidge
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Well It looks as though I'm going to buy iClone 7, I like most of the people here wish the things that I was impressed most with are not with 7.0, but with version 7.1 and wont be released until probably December. For myself I wish RL would not show iClone features that are made for the next version which sometimes are months away, or the paid add-ons. Just show me what I'm going to get now with iClone 7.0 the wait for it is hard enough. It sucks that the best features that are unique are not going to be included or cost more than iClone. What you do with your pre-release videos is a roller coaster ride, you show 1 minute of what coming with 7.0, 2-3 minutes of 7.1 features that wont be included and then something like hand puppet, and face detection which cost more than the mocap. I wont speak for others, but I'm not spending that on facial and hand movements and then that may not available with the version you are releasing now, it's sort of confusing and you have to take mental notes. Forget about 7.1, show us only what we get now. If you want to show what's in the future keep that on a separate video. If things are normal with a new release, to RL's credit you do fix the bugs pretty quick and I'm sure there will be a few with 7.0. So probably by July most of the bugs will be ironed out. December (well you said end of the year, and you usually mean it) is probably when 7.1 is released. Just show me 7.0, showing people 7.1 is like showing a kid his Xmas presents in May. Also I found that with the lighting features, there are some notes saying; "This and some effects are done with MARCO (i.e.)" whatever the name is. If it's not included don't show it, that should be in a separate plug in video, by those people. It seems like 7.0 is just a vessel and to see changes to 6.4 is small. Like real camera backings and lens, show that in the video, convince me that this feature is unique and does things I couldn't with the lenses in 6.4. After 7.0 released, then tell me about 7.1. I want to know what I'm paying and getting in June not December. One version or update at a time please. I'll worry about 7.1 after we get 7.0.  It's like buying a 2018 car and you're showing me what the 2019 model is going to have six months later.          

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think your basic point is valid.  Particularly with this release, RL seems to have promised features quite a bit in advance.  While I didn't pay that much attention to earlier releases, I don't remember this being the case with 5 or 6.

My own particular take on this is that if they have allowed us early access to 7, they really ought to allow us early access to 7.1.  Clearly it's in alpha right now, and perhaps even beta.  But if not in beta yet, it will be soon, almost surely as soon as 7.0 is released to the general population.  So why not allow those of us who will pay whatever extra it will cost for those extra features to have the same kind of early access we've had with 7.0?  The sting of having to pay extra for facial mocap and curve editing will be lessened both by having it now as well as being able to test and help get the bugs out.

I'm going to keep mentioning this in the hopes that RL will see it's a win-win for all of us.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic