Modifying video will give syncing problems

Posted By esanpostilaatikko 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
esanpostilaatikko
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello, 
I need to modify few parts of my video to go a bit slower in few places.
If I modify my video to go slower, timing will go off from rest of the video. 

Is there anything to be done for this problem ?
How to insert frames in anypoint of video ? (insert in between of entire video so the frames gets pushed forward.)

Insert Frame button is gray, cant click it, but if I remember correctly this add frames for one prop only.
My scene is huge so, it is impossible to add frames for every object and motion separately.
Edited
7 Years Ago by esanpostilaatikko
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I think this section of the online manual should help you (assuming you have either the Pro or Pipeline versions)…

Using Timeline > Inserting and Deleting Frames

Note the two links for sub-pages near the bottom of the page: Inserting Frames and Deleting Frames.  Hope this helps…

Cheers,
Gary

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello esanpostilaatikko,

This is my suggestion that you could use the track of project to insert frame.

1.)  I have four characters and three props on the stage. In the tenth frames have a key.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b51a46de-2292-4243-b64c-0beb.png

2.) The project track is on the top, you could right click to insert frame where you want.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9fc448c8-02c9-4af3-bab4-eb67.png

3.) I insert 10 frames between the first frame and the tenth frame, you will find out the Key will be move on the twentieth frame.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8d5707b5-627a-4cad-a8a8-e769.png

**Please note, if your project is very huge, you could waiting for some time to insert frame.
Edited
7 Years Ago by kylelee
esanpostilaatikko
esanpostilaatikko
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello,
Thank you for info, both replys was very useful.
Didnt know this "add frame in between video" feature existed.

**Please note, if your project is very huge, you could waiting for some time to insert frame.

Yup I noticed, I have video which is 2min long.
Adding frames between might take many hours or many days Smile
But anyway it is nice to have this feature, thank you! 
I have 6 core i7 5820 processor.

Edit: Where I can send ticket for asking if it is possible for
CTA to improve performance of adding frames between video ?
Edited
7 Years Ago by esanpostilaatikko
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The best place to post this would be in the FeedBack Tracker for CTA3.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic