Profile Picture

Adding Content to CC2

Posted By sadsaytr 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sadsaytr
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)Senior Member (424 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi All, to start I am a newbie. I have purchased some new content for CC2, but I can't figure out how to add it so all the new cool stull shows in the content panel. I'm sure it is simple...maybe to simple?? I thought maybe I needed to put it a specific folder like the way DAZ does. No luck there. Sooo I'm stuck, any help will be tremendously appreciated!!!!

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
When you buy content, you will be given a link to an "RLD" file. If you cannot find that link, check in your "Order History" in your Reallusion account page.

Activating the RLD will open the Reallusuion Downloader which will install everything in the proper place.

GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
sadsaytr (5/6/2017)
Hi All, to start I am a newbie. I have purchased some new content for CC2, but I can't figure out how to add it so all the new cool stull shows in the content panel. I'm sure it is simple...maybe to simple?? I thought maybe I needed to put it a specific folder like the way DAZ does. No luck there. Sooo I'm stuck, any help will be tremendously appreciated!!!!

It can be hard when your new to RL products to navigate through all the steps. Maybe this will help.
You will find content you purchase on the Marketplace in your inventory tab.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/00c1df96-4139-4080-8831-375f.jpg
Click on "inventory, and once there, use the drop down selector to select "packs" & then click the "search" button.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/821dbdf0-c6e0-4e37-876a-aefe.jpg
Select the packs you wish to download by placing a check in the box at the left (you can download multiple items) and then click on the "download now" button.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/42d62da6-fddc-48d9-8fb7-6b97.jpg
Select where (folder location) you want the downloader to go.  I use the desktop, since when the download is complete you can then delete the file.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/656c68e2-b855-4a82-9c1d-55ab.jpg
To install the content into your current versions of RL software, simply double click on the installer you just downloaded.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bec484d4-25a4-4a46-8931-b2b6.jpg
when the installer window opens, if you want to check where the content will be installed, simply click on the blue writing "I want to install to a specified version".  This will open a 2nd window that lists the RL programs the content will work in. (This can be valuable once you have been using RL products for many years, as you may want to install to several versions). At least one SW must have a check mark in it. Click "OK" & then click "Start" button & viola, your content will automatically load into the appropriate RL SW Content & be viewable in the Content Manager panel.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/eccab26b-65f8-407e-9ce2-d006.jpg
Have fun!  It's always a blast playing with new software!

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Good answer GrannyJ, very helpful for the newcomers, I'm putting this in my "Good Information" tag! Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@Snarp Farkle
Thanks for the feedback...

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

AncientWire
AncientWire
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I am new to Reallusion software.  I think this post answered the question I had about where all of the new items I have bought have gone.
When I installed the software, it asked where I wanted to keep my templates etc.  I created a folder in My Documents for Reallusion due to the way my PC does backups. 
I am guessing that the things that I have added on and installed using the RLD downloader are installed in the default location and not where  the software is pointing. 
I don't see a way to change where Character Creator points to - It is not in Edit >  Preferences. 
Can I go to  where it has all installed to and just move it? or do I have to redownload everything and make sure that it downloads to the folder I created?
What is the default location?
Thanks so much

Edited
7 Years Ago by AncientWire
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
All new content is installed into the "Template" folder you specified at install. The location is stored in your Windows Registry, and cannot be edited without editing the Registry. The best way to change it (in my opinion Wink ) is to simply re-install. Re-installing only reinstalls the applications. It does not do anything with content.
The default path for CC2 is:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\Character Creator 2 for iClone Template

If you go there(just to the "Template" level), you will see the templates for your other applications, like iClone 6, iClone7, 3DXchange 6, etc.

When you save your own characters, they will be in your "Custom" folder, wherever you happened to create it at setup. The default is:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\Character Creator 2 for iClone Custom

And finally! You can move content around. So if it is the wrong folder, you can move it to the correct one. It is often finicky about getting clothing in clothing folders, and morphs in morph folders, so try and keep it in order.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
AncientWire
AncientWire
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you!
I have things in both the default folder as well as the folder I created.
I guess I am reinstalling tomorrow and keeping the default setting and moving things around. 
Smile

Reading This Topic